Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 07:32 AM   #21

The individual that performed the repair should never have been turned loose with a screw gun. Unimaginable
Old 12-29-2016, 08:21 AM   #22

Lawyer up!
Old 12-29-2016, 10:39 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDavis View Post
Lawyer up!
Exactly...Post 17.

I quit dealing with idiots a long time ago. A Barrister will cut through the BS is a flash.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:30 AM   #24
Site Team

Ok, this thread is about to be closed and/or posts deleted with all the legal talk. As has been explained multiple times:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post665355

No more lawyer/legal talk.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:51 PM   #25

Warranty work runs the gamut from: WOW, can't believe they warranted this for me to CANNOT believe this is not under warranty.

Sadly almost every Mfg/dealer of any product that offers a warranty seems to have a YES or NO policy. They could make it dumber, just not sure how.

How about a mitigation policy for warranty work. Such as the answer is No not covered under warranty, but yes its only 8 mo old, you bought it new...how about this? We provide the parts, you pay the labor, or we will split the bill down the middle etc.

This is not my consumer view but rather from the eyes of how I do business. I have owned 3 successful companies since '95 and I can assure you that 100% of the customers are not happy 100% of the time. Albeit I am willing to 'eat it' to have a happy customer I try to mitigate first. My customer surveys over the years (done by an independent agency) have returned a 99+ % customer satisfaction profile. A GREAT help when you go to sell the company.

That said to the OP, there is nothing stopping you from trying to initiate those talks with FR and the dealer. If they have anything other than STUPID written on their foreheads they will welcome the discussion. If after that point you are dead end then you have a double barrel case for yourself: Its broken and I offered to shoulder some of the load to get it fixed...denial at that point in time is not a river in Egypt anymore. Now you have 2 legs to stand on.
Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
'19 F 350 CC, LB King Ranch Ultimate
Old 12-29-2016, 07:50 PM   #26

Thanks all. The current situation is left at this. The dealership has ordered the parts. I should have my camper back mid January repaired. This is the only option the dealership is giving me. In my opinion they are fixing something they messed up. But they are not making it right. I have offered to buy a brand new unit off their lot at their advertised price, and they won't meet me half way on what we would be in the red for. NADA list this at $4000 more than we owe. And its a brand new 2017 model. They want to offer $4500 less than we owe so they could sell it at a profit. I don't need a sales guy so remove their commission, they don't need to make a profit selling mine, and they can afford to sell a unit on the lot a few bucks less to help make up the half of the overall difference. I will take a $2000 loss but not $4500. This in my eyes is not making it right. They damage my brand new 2017 model by running screws through the outer skin on a warranty repair, and I am now also suppose to trust their repair work again by replacing part of the front cap.

The offer is off the table now. I will never do business with this dealer. Fix my camper, make sure its is 100% leak proof and aesthetically correct. And let me share my story of their service and business. Lesson learned for me.

2017 FR Wildwood 201BHXL
2013 Ford F-150 King Ranch Ecoboost
Old 12-30-2016, 11:24 AM   #27
Site Team

Zorky has asked that this thread be closed, and that the dealer has agreed to make it right.

As such, and since there isn't anything further that the membership can do at this point to help, we are closing the thread at the OP's request.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread

Tags
repair, warranty