Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2018, 10:22 PM   #1

washer dryer combo install

Hi guys,
I'm new to this forum thing , so please bear with me.
My question is, has anyone installed a splendide 7100xc washed dryer combo
in a cedar creek 37mbh fifth wheel?
woodcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:17 AM   #2

I installed a washer/dryer stacked unit in a 32RL Cedar Creek, it was not fun. When it was over I wished Camping World had did the install but a combo should be a lot easier to install
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:21 AM   #3
Always Learning

If you aren’t committed to the washer dryer combo, exchange it for the 2100XC. The vented version is waaaaay better!
Old 02-22-2018, 01:15 AM   #4

'Unvented' can also be called 'never dry' units. Vented for sure and stackable if there is room.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:35 PM   #5

Our ventless works great. Follow instructions, use the recommended settings, and you're good to go. Make sure to have someone strong to hellp if it's a self-install.
Vetnam67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
'Unvented' can also be called 'never dry' units. Vented for sure and stackable if there is room.
We have used both stackable and combo units. We much prefer the combo for operating convenience, energy efficiency, and space savings. Ours is unvented and DOES put some heat and humidity into the space, but drying the clothes is satisfactory if you use SMALL loads. The convenience of putting in dirty clothes and removing clean dry clothes without switching loads is great. You can even put it on a timer and wash overnight, if it the noise of operating doesn't disturb your sleep.
jjuscg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:03 PM   #7

Pros ~ less space, less cost, less weight
Cons ~ small loads, extreme long cycles, 2 - 2 1/2 hours per load, heat / humidity added.

Stackable is almost like home..... but very convenient.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:10 PM   #8

We are very happy with the 2100XC in our 36CKTS. With either machine the install is pretty straightforward if you are inclined to do it. We preferred the vented unit. I am certain that a dehumidifier would be necessary in cooler weather with heat running if you choose the 7100XC.
I removed the carpet (very important according to the instructions) and installed the optional pan under it in case it ever leaked. A few PVC fittings are required to get the overflow drain out of the closet and down to the front leg. I hesitantly trusted the sticker on the wall in the closet to drill a 1/4” hole to the outside and borrowed a 4” hole saw to cut the wall for the vent. Whew! That all installed easily and was sealed with aluminum tape.
The toughest part is lifting the unit over the end of the bed and setting it into the pan in the closet. Brackets and butyl tape are included to screw and seal the unit to the floor.
Travel safe

I Catch Fish......What is your SuperPower?
FordHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 12:39 PM   #9

combos are super easy. your going to love that washer/dryer combo. The main thing to do is put the dryer vent in. do you have that already installed? if not i would have someone that knows RV’s do it. the rest is as simple as putting it in the RV and plug it in and hook up the dryer vent. i’m assuming you have the water pipes ran and ready right?
Jeff6146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 02:21 PM   #10

With my Cedar Creek there was only one place the vent could go, I took out a stud. I thought cutting the hole was a big deal and it wasn't. I measured four or five times where the vent was going to go. Then I first drilled a pilot hole, I drilled the inside first and then went outside to drill the outside part
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:26 PM   #11

Thanks for the input guys. The camper was already plumbed for a washer dryer so I decided to go with the ventless unit. Hope it works. We will put it in when the weather is warmer.
woodcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:33 PM   #12

Been there / done the vent less when only room for 1 unit. Hardly used it and gave it away. Now with separates wifey is happy.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:48 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The differences of combos and separates can be weighed, and have, but what most find is that the vented units, whether combo or separate, are a bit more efficient. We have a vented combo unit and we like it, and use it extensively. Best part of combo unit is you don't have to switch loads. We usually do a load per day while on vacation, and at the end of the trip, all of our clothes are clean put away and ready for the next trip! Mine was installed when new, but wouldn't hesitate to attempt the install myself.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote