Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2020, 08:24 PM   #1

Water leak behind refrigerator in new Geo Pro

Today while inspecting my new trailer (only my third camping trip) I discovered a small amount of water in the insulation near the bottom of the rear right corner of the refrigerator (side next to the flue).

I checked the seal around the drain tube where it exits the back of the refrigerator. That looked normal.

However, the drain tube appeared to be routed in a way that water accumulated in the tube. While the tube initially sloped down from the refrigerator, it sloped back up hill where it finally exited at the rear vent.

I rerouted the tube so that it would have a continuous downward slope toward the vent cover and have a positive drain. I dried out the insulation and wood and will continue to monitor the area for any further moisture accumulation.

Because I didn't see any reason for a leak coming out the back of the refrigerator box, I don't know what else to look for.

We had a fair amount of rain this past week, but the water was isolated to a very small area, so I don't suspect that rain was driven in through the exterior wall vents.

Has anyone else had any experience with leaks from the refrigerator area?
AF&AM, Lodge #584 of North Carolina
jbcrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
geo pro, leak, refrigerator, water, water leak