Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2022, 12:38 PM   #1

Unhappy WATER Leak! Help!

Single newbie female needing help...if water is running out of the front nose of my 304R Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf where would it be coming from? Is there somewhere I can find a diagram of the underbelly?

Monday morning I went to wash my hands and the water came out normally and then began to trickle. I turned it back off, but possibly not fully off. I wondered if the pipes had frozen.

I returned home Monday afternoon to water gushing out of the bottom right corner of my camper outside (possibly a blessing the camper might not be completely level bc the water ran downhill).

Inside there was about 1.5 inches accumulated in right corner of nose in bedroom and floor of hall. The shower and sink were overflowing. My question is how can I tell if pipes burst or this was simply the sink & shower overflowing?... I immediately disconnected the water to stop the damage.

I used a shop vac, heater, fan and will get a dehumidifier today... will this work to prevent damage maybe?

ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
kanchaser55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 12:46 PM   #2
Insert witty title here

While it's impossible to know for sure from just reading your post. It does sound like your grey tank got overly full, perhaps from the faucet not being turned all the way off?

If you want a quick and easy check to see if you have a pluming leak, add water to your fresh tank and turn on your water pump. If there is no leak, your pump should run until pressure is build up in your water lines then shut off. If it runs for more than a few seconds or runs intermittently despite all your faucets being turned off, that could indicate a leak somewhere.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 01:10 PM   #3
Insert witty title here

On a side note, your situation is the reason why I make sure my water pump is off and the city water connection is turned off at the spigot if I leave my camper unattended for any length of time.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 01:16 PM   #4
Site Team

Unfortunately there is no such thing as a underbelly diagram nor any such thing for your trailer. Did you have any recent hard freezes? Your profile says Cleveland, Georgia.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 02:30 PM   #5

Yes it did likely freeze Sunday so the pipes possibly did freeze. I'm not sure if I left the faucet open slightly or if a pipe burst
kanchaser55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 02:49 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanchaser55 View Post
Yes it did likely freeze Sunday so the pipes possibly did freeze. I'm not sure if I left the faucet open slightly or if a pipe burst
I'm asking about a HARD freeze, not just some freezing temps.
Not aware that hard freezes occur in Georgia.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak