RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 01-31-2020, 07:18 PM   #21

This may sound stupid are you sure pump is running in right direction dc can run either way?
cfo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:33 PM   #22
FLY4FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk37r View Post
There is a screen filter inside a clear twiston cap on the input side of the pump. its part of a removable fitting that the supply line from the FW tank connects to.. Check that clear cap for a crack. I chased the same issue this past spring. Did everything you have done. finally I pulled out the pump to go get another one, that's when I saw the very fine crack. Just enough to suck air and cause the pump not to prime.... Went to amazon and 10.00 later it was in my mailbox the next day. Issue solved.
Agree -- I'm betting that this is the problem. With the apparent incredible(!) difficulty in accessing the pump area, there's likely a filter assembly on the input line that's hard to see...maybe even attached to the pump, that has a loose cap or a crack. The pump may be bad but, if not, this has almost gotta be the issue -- again, IF the valve for antifreeze isn't open or the water pick up in tank unported somehow(?).
14apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:54 PM   #23

First off, thank you to everyone who replied. I really appreciate all your help. After messing around with this for the entire day, my husband called our very nice dealer and they told him to bring it in this morning. The technician tried everything we did and he even hooked it up to a different pump and it still was getting air in the lines.

After spending all day checking every water line he finally found a crack in the shower miser "tube." Since the shower miser recycles back to the fresh water tank, that little bit of air was causing all the problems.

So we are now waiting for the replacement part to come in and hopefully this will be the last of a long line of issues we have had with this trailer.

Thanks again for all you suggestions and advice.
Old 02-01-2020, 12:13 AM   #24

Sounds like you have a very good dealer. Might want to give them a shout out here...
RadMini Stepthru eBikes

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 07:21 AM   #25
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
Sounds like you have a very good dealer. Might want to give them a shout out here...
I agree.
Dealers that get your R/V in within days of calling and find problems rather quickly are few and far between.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=98
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 08:12 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolrvers View Post
If you have an ANDERSON WATER SWITCH on your wet bay that you rotate for CITY, WATER PUMP, & FILL there is a common problem with the internal cartridge. Here's a link to an explanation and how to fix. I am awaiting for an ANDERSON REPAIR KIT
for my Isata 3 Series 24FW for $39.99
The vendor mentioned in the video is out of stock. I did a search and found Elk Mountain RV in Elkhart has them. I ordered two.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...VDRVRV&PC=APPL
OP has a TT not a MH. No Anderson valves or wet bay involved.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 09:11 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suru View Post
First off, thank you to everyone who replied. I really appreciate all your help. After messing around with this for the entire day, my husband called our very nice dealer and they told him to bring it in this morning. The technician tried everything we did and he even hooked it up to a different pump and it still was getting air in the lines.

After spending all day checking every water line he finally found a crack in the shower miser "tube." Since the shower miser recycles back to the fresh water tank, that little bit of air was causing all the problems.

So we are now waiting for the replacement part to come in and hopefully this will be the last of a long line of issues we have had with this trailer.

Thanks again for all you suggestions and advice.
You complained about your "Shower Miser" being Defective when you first used it. Did they change/repair it back then? The Cracked Tube you refer to could have been caused by a "Improper Install" of the Plumbing allowing Water to be Trapped and Freezing! Normally the Tube is Return to FW Tank,this should have been a Water Leak,Not a Suction Leak! What procedure was used to Winterize the "Shower Mizer"? If improper Winterizing was done the Tube May crack again! Youroo!!
Old 02-01-2020, 10:06 AM   #28

Glade they found the problem and you will soon be a happy camper. myself I would consider switching out or capping off the shower miser. JMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 12:29 PM   #29

Quote:
Glade they found the problem and you will soon be a happy camper. myself I would consider switching out or capping off the shower miser. JMHO
We are kicking that idea around. We are thinking of selling this trailer so if we remove it, it might affect the resale. If we do keep the trailer it's a good feature if it works right because the shower is in the back of the trailer and the water heater is in the front so you have to run the water awhile before the hot water reaches the shower. I usually have a bucket handy to catch the cold water so it's not wasted and doesn't go into the grey tank. So, if the service center can get everything to work correctly, it would be a good thing to have and we wouldn't have to use the bucket or waste water.

Decisions, decisions, it's always something. I really like the trailer's design overall and it's very comfortable for being so small. It's easy to pull and fits into any campsite too. But, it gets old when on every trip you take an issue pops up.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:27 PM   #30

Check YouTube. I bet you can find an answer w/video there.
And new to our family: Daisy May, the Golden Doodle wonderdog!
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 05:30 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk37r View Post
There is a screen filter inside a clear twiston cap on the input side of the pump. its part of a removable fitting that the supply line from the FW tank connects to.. Check that clear cap for a crack. I chased the same issue this past spring. Did everything you have done. finally I pulled out the pump to go get another one, that's when I saw the very fine crack. Just enough to suck air and cause the pump not to prime.... Went to amazon and 10.00 later it was in my mailbox the next day. Issue solved.
I had the same probelm- had to replace that fitting with the twist-on cap, and after replacing, my pump was sucking air. It was that fitting that I loosened to prime the pump, and when I put that fitting back in the original place, no more sucking air problems.
And new to our family: Daisy May, the Golden Doodle wonderdog!
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:31 PM   #32

The trailer is at the dealer right now. They replaced the pump and it was still sucking air so it wasn't anything to do with the pump. They found a crack in the shower miser tube so they are replacing it. We are also waiting on getting the front window replaced because of a stress crack.

Thank you everyone for all your replies. If this every happens again, we will know what and where to check.
Old 02-08-2020, 10:07 AM   #33

Shower Miser Issues:

From what I understand Rockwood was not initially pressure testing the Shower Miser on some of the earlier models leaving the factory.

There are accounts of pumps cavitating due to drawing air being in through the Shower Miser assembly. The Shower Miser return line does not route all the way back to the tank in ours, it tees into the pump suction line from the tank close to the pump.

Some people have fixed this by removing the shower miser and adding Teflon tape to the threaded fittings.

2020 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
2017 GMC 2500HD Denali 6.6L Duramax
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 10:35 AM   #34

The Shower Miser works very well, but it is just plumbing, and sounds like they haven't gotten over the install learning curve. Does sound like an easy fix though.
Any leak on the suction side of any plumbing will cause the pump to lose prime, any leaks in the pressure side will cause the pump to run.
Ours is plumbed all the way back to the fresh water tank, but I can see it being cheaper to run the return line to the pump area.
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 03:12 PM   #35

I wonder how ours is plumbed? The dealer told us he is going to replace the blue tube portion because that is what is cracked. They are waiting for the part to come in. Sounds like it's plumbed to the pump suction line instead of into the water tank. That would make more sense because wouldn't there always be air in your fresh water tank as you use the water? And I would think the inlet from the fresh water tank to the pump is located at the bottom of the water tank so no air could be drawn unless the tank is empty and that wasn't the case with us. Also, there seems to be some extra water lines down there by the pump that we can't figure out where they are going to or coming from.

We have a trip planned for next week and we are dry camping so we need the pump to work. On our last trip when this issue came up we had to heat water on the stove and use buckets to shower. If I wanted to do that I would still be camping in a tent. I have my fingers crossed that we will get the trailer back in time and have a nice trip for once without something breaking.

I am just so disappointed in this trailer. We are thinking of selling it and getting a different one that isn't such a lemon, but that's a crapshot too. Also, it's only a year old and I know we will take a big financial hit if we sell it. And besides that, I do LIKE the trailer, I just wish every other time we used it something didn't break.

Thank you for 01Tundra and NMWildcat for your information about the water miser. The folks at our dealer have no idea how the thing works and couldn't give us much info.
Old 02-08-2020, 04:33 PM   #36

Hang in there. Every RV I have ever owned, that was bought new, had a year where I either had to fix something during the trip, or bring it back to take to someone who could. After a year, they have been virtually problem free. So maybe yours is fixing to turn around
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 08:15 PM   #37

Thank you NMWildcat - that is very encouraging!
Old 02-10-2020, 09:31 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Hang in there. Every RV I have ever owned, that was bought new, had a year where I either had to fix something during the trip, or bring it back to take to someone who could. After a year, they have been virtually problem free. So maybe yours is fixing to turn around
I was about to write the same response.

2020 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
2017 GMC 2500HD Denali 6.6L Duramax
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 10:56 PM   #39

I had the same problem but it was my fault

Each winter season I winterize the camper. Part of my method is to disconnect the plumbing from both ends of the pump. Last year when I was getting ready for my first trip, I reattached the screw-on pipes to both ends of the pump. All it would do is make a lot of noise and pump air.

The problem was that I had left out the nylon gasket with the 45 degree flare on the inlet end of the pump. This is the suction end and I got a little water but mostly air.
champ837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:25 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ837 View Post
Each winter season I winterize the camper. Part of my method is to disconnect the plumbing from both ends of the pump. Last year when I was getting ready for my first trip, I reattached the screw-on pipes to both ends of the pump. All it would do is make a lot of noise and pump air.

The problem was that I had left out the nylon gasket with the 45 degree flare on the inlet end of the pump. This is the suction end and I got a little water but mostly air.
Thanks for your reply. That's something to remember in the future.

We finally took the trailer to the dealer as we had 2 days left on our warranty. The service tech replaced the pump with another and it was still sucking air. The culprit ending up being a crack in the shower miser "blue tube." Apparently our shower miser is plumbed back to the water line between the fresh water tank and the inlet side of the pump instead of into the fresh water tank. So that little crack was allowing enough air to be sucked into the pump to cause all the problems. We hope to get the trailer back next week.

Tags
pump, water, water pump