Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2019, 05:58 PM   #1

Water running out under the corner of the bed?

We have a new Sunseeker 2250SLE that we are getting ready for a trip. We have had it out several times without this problem. We filled the fresh water tank this morning and it overfilled and ran over for a bit. This afternoon I discovered a little stream of water running from under the corner of the bed across the floor. I can't imagine that the water tank would leak, but how else can the water have gotten there? Has anyone else had this happen? Thanks for any advice!
cgarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 07:14 PM   #2

Could have a busted water line, leak somewhere. Is this your first trip this year? Did you winterize the camper?

One way to tell if you have a water leak in a line is to turn the water pump for the fresh water tank on and if it shuts off after pressurizing, you have NO LEAKS. If it continually runs or runs intermittently without a faucet or toilet being used, that water is going somewhere and you have leaks. Rule that out first.

If you find you don't have leaks, I would try to investigate where the excess water went to when it "overfilled and flowed for a bit". Generally the water tanks are below floor but if your RV is one that has the water tank above floor, like behind a cabinet or under the bed platform, it could be the water ran over from the fresh tank and is above the floor in that area. Walking around in the camper changed the level and it started to run across the floor.

It's important that you find it, get it soaked up/dried out, maybe run a dehumidifier or heater in the area to dry it up before mold sets in or wood is damaged by soaking it up.
Old 05-05-2019, 07:50 PM   #3

water leak

Oh, dear. It must not be a leak since the water pump stops. We have used the MH several times this year - don't have to winterize as we live near San Francisco. Somehow it must have gotten in under the bed, which is where the water was coming from. Is there anyway to lift that up to dry it off? I can put a fan in there, but it will just blow on the bed frame and floor. We leave in the morning for a few days of camping.
Thanks!
cgarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 08:46 PM   #4

I discovered water seeping out from under the kitchen cabinets in our TT last year. It took removing all the kitchen drawers under the sink but I found the problem - the nuts on the P-Trap were both loose and any water that went in the sink would seep out of the drain. Tightened the nuts and haven't had a problem since.

I assume they came loose since we had made quite a few trips before this issue came up so Now I try to remember to give those nuts a check every couple months. I have not seen this issue in the bathroom sink but we watch that one too now...
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:42 PM   #5

Had a similar problem, but discovered while sleeping in the bed. On my camper the freshwater fill hose also serves as the overflow when filling. It is located right beside the bed with the fill connection just above the outside storage area. Anyway, the backcheck valve failed to function while hooked to city water, the freshwater tank overfilled and the excess tried to run out the fill hose, which was of course capped. The result was water running to the bed and soaking the mattress and bedding. Installed an inline backcheck valve and have not had a repeat problem. If your camper has a similar set up, it is possible that the water found a way under the bed during the short period when it was overflowing.
RStormC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:53 PM   #6

[QUOTE=cgarb;2088901]Oh, dear. It must not be a leak since the water pump stops.

This is good news ! no pump side leaks.....

So gotta locate leak on drain side or somewhere around fill inlet.
gbaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:04 PM   #7

I found water coming from under one corner of the bed, after a rain, which is in a slide out and found when it rains the slide seal had turned in and not out when the slide opened.
RonGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:11 PM   #8

Could be one or both the hoses that are attached to the fill...one is for the fill, the other is to let the air out as it gets displaced by the water.
kamper00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, water