Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2011, 07:33 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

I want my camper level enough that the sinks and the shower drain, and more important that the grease in the frying pan stays even.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:43 AM   #22

When we picked up our new Rockwood fifthwheel in January, the first thing I did was set it up as perfectly level as possible using my four foot level both ways on the kitchen floor. I then mounted a Level Master #6780 with bracket (Amazon sells them), on the pin box and adjusted that accordingly. They will work on TT as well and can be purchased without the bracket. I used that level on a past fifthwheel and many times you can find a very level spot by just moving a few inches one way or another before leaving your TV. Another level I purchased but have not mounted yet is a Hopkins #05515 Level+Plus with Memory. It has a second level on a dial that you can set at the height that you unhook at so as to raise or lower to that same height when hooking back up. I have not mounted that yet but will be soon. I will mount that right by the front power jacks. One of the reasons I am so particular about leveling is all the stress and twist which can be brought to bear on your frame, walls, floor etc. when they are sitting out of level and then people are walking in them as well.
Michigan-traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:00 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Guy View Post
Your leveling the trailer, because all the appliances and fixtures are leveled to the trailer. if the trailer is not level, then nothing else is. who wants to walk uphill or downhill in an RV?
Maybe it's because I'm a Ford-guy and don't get it; but in my ancient past, nothing in the slide-in was level to anything anything else. Maybe things are better now-a-days.

In regards to Glenn's post. We have a Murphy bed! That brought to mind some Dezi and Luci skits. Thanks! - that and the other replies helped recover from a bad day at work!

Thanks for the Hopkins reference, I'll check it out.
Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote