RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 04-22-2019, 05:36 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dward51 View Post
Did you try to tug on it to see if it feels like it's attached to anything or just sitting loose in the tank?
I did, it's attached.
Ruggybuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:49 AM   #22

I have a strange feeling that the pipe should be sticking out of the Bottom of the trailer.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:54 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
I have a strange feeling that the pipe should be sticking out of the Bottom of the trailer.
I think it's a second feed from the tank. I know that the hose runs to the bottom of the tank because when I blow into it I can hear the bubble inside the tank and the tank level is almost empty. It's been confirmed be another member that the Coachmen 204RD doesn't have a overflow that exist out the bottom of the trailer. The overflow is up by the fill pipe.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:01 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggybuggy View Post
Well that's interesting. I will be blocking it off. A bit scary thinking that water could possibly end up of the floor on a full tank.
Don't block it off until you know what it is doing. Verify if you have a tank drain. It will have a valve on it. Verify if you have a vent/overflow going to the outside. it will have nothing on it.These two things you must have.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:09 AM   #25

Perhaps it is an incomplete black water tank flush.

Bruce
Old 04-22-2019, 07:24 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Don't block it off until you know what it is doing. Verify if you have a tank drain. It will have a valve on it. Verify if you have a vent/overflow going to the outside. it will have nothing on it.These two things you must have.
Yes there is a tank drain at the bottom and another member has verified that the vent/overflow are the same one and exits up by the fill pipe. You can see it in the picture, the smaller white hose going up.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:26 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Perhaps it is an incomplete black water tank flush.

Bruce
I've never seen a black water flush on a fresh water tank.

You got me thinking that I will definitely be checking the rest of my lines though.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:26 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Tank drain on mine does not have a valve just a thread plug on the end of the drain pipe.

And boy does it take forever to drain 30 gallons of water
luker0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:32 AM   #29

Quote:
Yes there is a tank drain at the bottom and another member has verified that the vent/overflow are the same one and exits up by the fill pipe. You can see it in the picture, the smaller white hose going up.
Got it
Old 04-22-2019, 10:34 AM   #30

Quote:

You got me thinking that I will definitely be checking the rest of my lines though.
and you won't.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:43 PM   #31

Quote:

Iím not saying you do. Have you actually seen where it terminates? Just because it is near to the fresh water tank doesnít necessarily mean it is connected to it.

Bruce
Old 04-22-2019, 05:44 PM   #32

Although mine looks different I have an extra hose like that. In my case it is connected to the water pump and when all of the bypass valves are set correctly it will suck antifreeze directly into the system bypassing the water heater for winterizing.Mine comes out of the wall by the valves and it has plenty of slack to insert it in a bucket for this purpose.
rocco52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:51 PM   #33
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

I wonder if that blue hose with no end on it might be the winterizing/antifreeze suction hose.

It would make sense by the location of where it's at.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:58 PM   #34

Need more input from OP.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:06 PM   #35

The winterizing hose in mine is connected next to the pump inlet in a compartment to the right of that photo. It has a a valve connected teed off the inlet hose which is the one you connecting to the right.
luker0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:07 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerreknit View Post
Need more input from OP.
What more do you need to know? The blue hose is attached, I suspect to the fresh water tank. I can't see where it goes but it does follow the same direction as the other blue inlet hose. When you blow into the hose you can here "bubbles" in the fresh water tanks and the level in the tank is very low.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:46 PM   #37

We had similar open pipe in our 248RBS

We found a similar open pipe under the kitchen sink last summer. It appeared to eject water from the fresh water tank during a steep descent into Palo Duro Canyon State Park with a mostly full tank. Also, we had a few ounces "burp" out of the line after some bad bounces in Colorado. We typically travel without much water in the fresh water tank, but were carrying a fair amount when both of these incidents happened.

The extended warranty repair shop put a valve in the open line. We suspect this is a pressure relief vent for the fresh water tank. We'll keep an eye on pressure problems in the fresh water tank: we may need to leave this valve open.

We have not had the trailer on any steep grades since the valve was added. We'll likely run with less fresh water in the tank.
Summer Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:07 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Travelers View Post
We found a similar open pipe under the kitchen sink last summer. It appeared to eject water from the fresh water tank during a steep descent into Palo Duro Canyon State Park with a mostly full tank. Also, we had a few ounces "burp" out of the line after some bad bounces in Colorado. We typically travel without much water in the fresh water tank, but were carrying a fair amount when both of these incidents happened.

The extended warranty repair shop put a valve in the open line. We suspect this is a pressure relief vent for the fresh water tank. We'll keep an eye on pressure problems in the fresh water tank: we may need to leave this valve open.

We have not had the trailer on any steep grades since the valve was added. We'll likely run with less fresh water in the tank.
So the repair shop never actually said the reason for the open pipe? If your vent line up near the fill it working properly there shouldn't be pressure inside the tank.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:44 PM   #39

Repair never said what the line was for. I intend to experiment with the valve as we travel this summer
Summer Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:53 PM   #40

The extra blue hose is obviously your dipstick tube and the dipstick is either missing or a premium purchase option.

Just kidding of course.

Wes
Wes Tausend is offline   Reply With Quote