Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #121

Not that I doubt your test results, but if you are just using a single pair of ears (yours), your results may be skewed because of any hearing loss you've ever experienced and because, just maybe, you are hearing what you want to hear. Have someone (without a dog in the fight) randomly listen, so that they don'y know which one is running, and see what they think. Also, since the discussion isn't based on which generator will be louder to you, but is more focussed on wheich generator might be more annoying to a potential neighboring camper, listen from 50'+ away, and see which is louder from there. It's been my experience that the Champions and other lower cost construction-site grade generators have sound that carries further distance.

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #122

Boliy Pro3600Si arrived

I just setup me new Boliy Pro 3600Si generator which is equal to the Yamaha EF3000. My video camera has 2 micrpohones so it sounds loud but not really. Go into the video 3 min mark and listen when I turn on Economy mode. Really quiet.
Boliy Pro3600Si Generator - YouTube

Here is the spec sheet

Only cost me $990 and it is a Inverter type unit
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pro3600Si_Specs.pdf (20.0 KB, 35 views)
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #123

I have a 3000 honda and love it. Its hard to lift though. Looking back i would start with the honda 2000. Most of the time you don't run the ac off the generator so the 2000k would be more than enough, especially if you run everything else off of propane. Its a lot easier to lift and store. The one draw back is a smaller tank so less run time. One last thing that I have found is that the more you run it the more efficient it becomes.
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #124
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiro View Post
I have a 3000 honda and love it. Its hard to lift though. Looking back i would start with the honda 2000. Most of the time you don't run the ac off the generator so the 2000k would be more than enough, especially if you run everything else off of propane. Its a lot easier to lift and store. The one draw back is a smaller tank so less run time. One last thing that I have found is that the more you run it the more efficient it becomes.
Times two. I have the Yamaha 3000 with 500 watt boost and if I had to do it over again I would have two Honda 2000 companion generators as well. I bought a "deer crane" for the back of the pickup to get the generator in and out of the truck. That crane also helps with the hitch in and out as well.

PROHOISTS - 600 Lb Truck Swivel Deer Lift Game Hitch Hoist
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote