Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2020, 05:45 PM   #1

While investigating water leak I found a subwoofer!

Honestly you can’t make this stuff up....
Hooked up the 5’er (purchased new in September) to city water today in the yard and had water dripping from behind the water panel in the basement. I could hear the dripping and it was an active leak. In our last trailer (Springdale) we had a leak at the water pump, one of the plastic fittings leaked and it was an absolute pain to fix.
Anyways, I took the plywood partition wall out to expose the octopus of ductwork, wiring, and 7 miles of water lines. The leak was simply a loose fitting on the water control panel...but wait there’s more....
Found water pooling on the floor next to the underside of the stairs (opposite side of the basement) and while I was removing things from the area to get a look at the water lines I found a subwoofer crammed in the space...why would you put a subwoofer in the basement? It’s the opposite end of the camper from where the entertainment center is...pretty crappy subwoofer as well.
Found a second leak, water running down the cold water line from the bathroom sink, tightened fitting and done.
Scratching my head about the sub woofer...water leaks are kind of expected with the cheap plastic fittings the industry uses. If I get motivated I might replace and relocate a subwoofer...I love my Forest River RV but sometimes you just gotta wonder....
5thwheelinfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 06:00 PM   #2

Glad you are able to do your own repairs,Good info ! Thanks for sharing. And absolutely agree! How does this stuff get past QC?
Chris Pastuzyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 06:05 PM   #3

can you open a hatch to get the sound of subwolfer outside.? out door speakers "near". ? just a guess..
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak