Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #1

Wobbley Dinette

I have a 2013 365 SAQ with the party couch, the table is unlevel and wobbley , Has anyone came up with a fix or upgrade for this problem??

Steve
Shoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #2
Anacortesians

Not sure of you have a table with a single leg and two wall-mount brackets. That's what we have. Initlally, after we bought the rig, we haad wobbling problems.

I tracked the wobbling to the nylon retainers on the table-wall interface. They need to be snugged up fairly tight. We're quite happy with the table now.

If, on the other hand, you have pedestal tables, that's a competely different situation. Our previous rig (a 1985 Class C) had two pedestal tables, intended to be the dining tables for people using the couch. They were mounted on maybe 3" diameter, chromed steel, tubular pedestals that went to holes in the wooden floor with no metal reinforecment. Guess which part of that interface wore out!

Maybe other folks with pedestals that have adjustable metal mounts on the floor will be able to give you advice. We decided that pedestal tables were definitely not in our future RV purchases.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #3

wobbley table

I have 2 - 4'x2' tables with 2 pedistal legs each

steve
Old 05-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #4

I wondered if anyone found a fix for the wobbly two pole tables?
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 Diesel with airbags added (pulls great)
B&W Companion Hitch
Nitecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:51 AM   #5

If you have the two pedestal leg setup with flanges that screw into the floor and underside of the table and two round 2 1/2" (or so) pipes that press into the flanges (for removal), these are inherently wobbly. Not much you can do with them. They *look* nice, but that's about it.

I took the above type out and converted to wall mount with folding single leg. Completely wobble free. There is an aluminum bracket for the end of the wall that you can buy. It has a sort of female and mating male piece that locks in place when you swing the end of the table up onto it. Then you swing out the folding leg. I affixed a strip of wood at the end of table to be able to screw the bracket to. Ended up rock solid. One nice thing about this is that you only have one leg to get in the way of your feet.

The only downside to this is that you end up with holes in your flooring material from where the screws were. May bother you or may not. Could probably use a bit of the right kind of caulking or steal a piece of lino from under a cabinet somewhere and patch the lino where the flanges were. I installed new laminate flooring so this wasn't an issue for us.

There is another fancy bracket that is available for the end of the table instead of the aluminum bracket I mentioned. It somehow lets you swing the table out and down onto the dinette seats for sleeping mode. I bought this at first and didn't like it and returned it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	036 (474x640).jpg
Views:	216
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	29965  
Old 05-09-2013, 05:35 AM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Cass Hudson Co.

Replaced my original wobbly dinette table with the Dream Dinette. You can purchase it from the manufacturer direct. I ordered one on line through eBay and did the install myself. Operates great, smooth as advertized.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #7

Our tables are not by a wall. We have the party couch and two tables can be set up in front of it. Wobbly as all get out. Help!
B&W Companion Hitch
Old 05-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by myredracer View Post
If you have the two pedestal leg setup with flanges that screw into the floor and underside of the table and two round 2 1/2" (or so) pipes that press into the flanges (for removal), these are inherently wobbly. Not much you can do with them. They *look* nice, but that's about it.

I took the above type out and converted to wall mount with folding single leg. Completely wobble free. There is an aluminum bracket for the end of the wall that you can buy. It has a sort of female and mating male piece that locks in place when you swing the end of the table up onto it. Then you swing out the folding leg. I affixed a strip of wood at the end of table to be able to screw the bracket to. Ended up rock solid. One nice thing about this is that you only have one leg to get in the way of your feet.

The only downside to this is that you end up with holes in your flooring material from where the screws were. May bother you or may not. Could probably use a bit of the right kind of caulking or steal a piece of lino from under a cabinet somewhere and patch the lino where the flanges were. I installed new laminate flooring so this wasn't an issue for us.

There is another fancy bracket that is available for the end of the table instead of the aluminum bracket I mentioned. It somehow lets you swing the table out and down onto the dinette seats for sleeping mode. I bought this at first and didn't like it and returned it.
myredracer,

Can you tell me the hardware you used for the table, especially the wall mount. Actually, I'd like to know about the other mount you tried as well. Part numbers, where you bought them, etc. Would be much appreciated.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:54 PM   #9

Gregg, I found these at one of the local independent RV parts stores. Fortunately the first item on a Google search I just did shows what I used and the other one I didn't. Dyersonline has them: RV Table Supports and Brackets

The bracket I used is on the left and the other one is on the right. Not sure how the one in the middle works exactly but looks like basically a set of hinges and perhaps you can't remove the table. These parts should be readily available all over. I just couldn't see the right hand one holding the table very tightly to the wall and it seemed too complicated.

There are at least two version of the folding leg I have seen. Doesn't really matter as long as it folds up.

A slight word of caution, if attaching to an outside wall, you should screw into at least one stud. Two is best but not always possible. I think you could use Oscar rivets to fasten where you can't find a stud and I would put several in. And don't use more than a 1" screw into a stud or it'll end up outside.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:36 AM   #10

wobbley table

The tables are wholely self supporting don't go near a wall anywhere??
thats the problem each table is on 2 directional legs?
Supermag
Old 05-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by myredracer View Post
Gregg, I found these at one of the local independent RV parts stores. Fortunately the first item on a Google search I just did shows what I used and the other one I didn't. Dyersonline has them: RV Table Supports and Brackets

The bracket I used is on the left and the other one is on the right. Not sure how the one in the middle works exactly but looks like basically a set of hinges and perhaps you can't remove the table. These parts should be readily available all over. I just couldn't see the right hand one holding the table very tightly to the wall and it seemed too complicated.

There are at least two version of the folding leg I have seen. Doesn't really matter as long as it folds up.

A slight word of caution, if attaching to an outside wall, you should screw into at least one stud. Two is best but not always possible. I think you could use Oscar rivets to fasten where you can't find a stud and I would put several in. And don't use more than a 1" screw into a stud or it'll end up outside.

Hope this helps.
That was exactly what i was looking for. I am ordering the one on the left as you did. The one on the right is the same on my old '78 Prowler. Very sturdy though. Thanks again!
Old 05-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #12

I need a solution that doesn't involve attaching to a wall. We have two tables in front of a party couch in a Sandpiper 376BHOK and the each have two cylinder legs. The couch is in a slide. The tables are wobbly and seem to slant toward the couch. Any ideas?
B&W Companion Hitch
Old 05-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #13

I had the same issue in my BHOK. I removed the screws from the base and replaced them with larger diameter ones. Most of mine were pulled out of the floor after our trip home from the dealer. Although it helped they still are not very sturdy and I'm not sure how long this fix will last. I have only made one trip after the repair.
Carli Performace 2.0 Suspension
RBP 94r's w/37x13.5 Toyo MT's
pat_3647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #14

Thanks Pat. I'll tell my son in law to try that. Does your table slant toward the couch? Ours also moves when someone steps near the table and couch. The floor below them is not very solid, but maybe it has to be that way because of the slide? Forest River should definitely rethink the design on these tables. Since you have a BHOK, I have a couple other questions. The master bed has the king Serta Memory Foam mattress. I can't believe they can advertise this as a memory foam because it sure is hard. Did you find yours to be that way? Also I wondered, it says the full bath comes with a fantastic fan. It does have a fan, but it's not as nice as the two fantastic fans that we added. The ones we added have controls on the wall to open them and adjust the speed. The one in the full bath you have to reach up and open manually and turn on. Is yours this way? There is a switch on the wall, but that just turns the power on and off for the fan. I realize the ceiling is lower and it's easy to reach the one in the full bath, but I still wish it were the same as the other two. I had accidentally turned the fan the wrong way thinking I had closed it when I had opened it instead. Good thing my son in law checked it before the rain storm hit. Another issue I'm trying to figure out is a good railing to install for the bunk over the outdoor kitchen, so my 2 year grandson can sleep there. The BHOK is a fabulous floor plan and our first outing will be Memorial weekend. We just picked it up in Ohio from RV Wholesalers on May 6. Our saleman, Mark Wahl, was really great.
B&W Companion Hitch
Old 05-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #15

No mine does not lean after I repaired it. It did lean when I got it home. This was mainly due to most of the screws being loose. Also I discovered that the round ring at the base turns. This will tighten the post into the base. Almost like a drill chuck. That seemed to help out also. As far as the mattress..... I couldn't say because I never slept on it. Replaced it with an 8" memory foam from amazon before our first trip lol!!! i didn't even consider trying it. My fan is the same as you described it and I haven't thought any about a railing. Mine is also new and I've only made 3 trips in it. I'm still learning the unit.
Carli Performace 2.0 Suspension
RBP 94r's w/37x13.5 Toyo MT's
pat_3647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #16
Toy-aholic

I never understood why rv manufacturers made bunks with such narrow 4" or so side rails....I was afraid of the kids falling out during the night so I removed the factory unit & made my own out of 1x10 pine with a cutout for the bunk ladder, finished to match the interior...we slept better too!

"L" brackets on the inside supported it perfectly.