Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2014, 09:17 PM   #21

Phil/Skip, come on guys...some of us are stuck up here for the winter..lol

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:48 PM   #22
Berkshire 390QS

Rich,

Won't be that warm in S TX in Jan! Heard some days it's only 60. LOL

Skip
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:20 PM   #23

It was cold and rainy when we were their in November. We will be in S Florida most of January And until I'm gets warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:09 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
which berk do you have?

Rich
2015 ql400
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:34 AM   #25

I like the layout of that coach. Kind of opposite of our 390fl, but having the television/entertainment area together...like a living room.

Rich
Old 12-10-2014, 11:26 AM   #26

Quote:
I like the layout of that coach. Kind of opposite of our 390fl, but having the television/entertainment area together...like a living room.

Rich
DW says it's great for cuddling.....now I have to stay out at the campfire until she goes to bed.... (jk)

We do like watching TV with the fireplace going. Makes it more like home. I love the L-Shaped couch too.

I actually like the layouts of all the Berks and Fleetwood Discovery models.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
DW says it's great for cuddling.....now I have to stay out at the campfire until she goes to bed.... (jk)

We do like watching TV with the fireplace going. Makes it more like home. I love the L-Shaped couch too.

I actually like the layouts of all the Berks and Fleetwood Discovery models.

Like you, we preferred the living room layout because we will watch a movie as a family before bed many times. It has a cozy, relaxed feel...and the fireplace is great. With the placement of the TV, you don't have to strain to see it. The downside of the layout is that there is not a lot of sleeping spots for guests.

Rich
Old 12-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #28

It was 37 here in north Florida this morning! If you all pass thru Gainesville Fl on I-75, stop in for a night. i have a couple of 50 amp hook ups with water but no sewer. Merry Christmas everyone!
frankatp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 04:21 PM   #29

Quote:
Like you, we preferred the living room layout because we will watch a movie as a family before bed many times. It has a cozy, relaxed feel...and the fireplace is great. With the placement of the TV, you don't have to strain to see it. The downside of the layout is that there is not a lot of sleeping spots for guests.

Rich
The lack of sleeping room for guests was a bonus for us. Means we can actually get away from family without any hurt feelings
Old 12-10-2014, 08:48 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
The lack of sleeping room for guests was a bonus for us. Means we can actually get away from family without any hurt feelings
Kenny we took the couch with the sleeper out. We bring one cot for the grandkids. One at a time. If they are going to camp with us I told them to buy a RV.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:47 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Kenny we took the couch with the sleeper out. We bring one cot for the grandkids. One at a time. If they are going to camp with us I told them to buy a RV.
X2 .... I (We) bought this to get away, not bring it all with us
Old 12-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #32

I'm two years into ownership of 2013 390RB-60 and I pretty much love it. It is our first (and probably last) MH and we bought it at Lazydays in Tamps. We had an opportunity to look at the Tiffins, Fleetwoods and Winnebagos and do comparisons. We simply gravitated to the Berkshire.

It has had some issues (nothing really major) but I know that would be the case with whatever MH we chose. We are in a RV club and there are a couple of Tiffin owners in it also. They have remarked several times about how nice our MH is and how they really like the way Forest River does things. Sideview mirror location, polished tile floor, wet bay just to name a few. They own a 2009 RED and a 2010 Phaeton. Their MH are nice too but they have just as many issues. The RED is at Red Bay right now having several things corrected on it. Rotted wood in wet bay, lack of proper sealing around firewall, jack issues to name a few.

The price, value, features and appearance of my Berkshire can't be matched... not by any of the others. And you don't see alot of them back at the factory. If you do need to return for some repairs they are great people to deal with, as are the folks in the parts dept.

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
toad - 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
edgewant is offline   Reply With Quote