Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #1

2008 Berkshire 390QS

Hi! I am proud to say that I am a new owner of a 2008 Berkshire 390QS. My wife and I spent our first day stocking the coach with our supplies. We are looking forward to our first camping experience next weekend at J & D campground in Pennsylvania. We purchased the coach at Boat-N-RV in Hamburg, PA. Our salesman, Scott Hendry, was superb to deal with. We highly recommend him! Tell him that Karl sent you.
hark582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hello, and

Congrats on your purchase and hope all your experiences are happy ones.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:00 AM   #3

Congratulations! I just got an 08 390bh. I am having a challenge with the furnace. It doesn't show up on my thermostat. Have you operated yours? If yes can you let me know what settings you used to make it come on ? Thanks and enjoy.
Canadianchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:17 PM   #4
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianchris
Congratulations! I just got an 08 390bh. I am having a challenge with the furnace. It doesn't show up on my thermostat. Have you operated yours? If yes can you let me know what settings you used to make it come on ? Thanks and enjoy.
Did you try the prior post that was left for you:
Make sure that you are using zone 1 on the thermostat. Push the Zone button first until zone 1 is blinking. Then push the Mode button until the display reads Furnace. That should make it work.

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #5

Yes I tried that and the furnace choice doesn't come up. Talked the previous owner and he had the rear air replaced a year ago and never operated it after. I think there may be a wiring problem, I popes off the cover on the rear air from inside. There are a couple of phone jacks which I think are the thermostat controls. There is another wire that brown with a white and red in it they are not hooked to anything? Not sure what's going on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1696681746.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	8263  
Old 10-02-2011, 04:18 PM   #6
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Not that I have your year unit, but on my year the gas furnace is under the refrigerator. Also I have an air conditioner/heat pump both in the front of the unit and in the bedroom. The bedroom unit is number two and the front unit is number one on my thermostat. The furnace on mine runs off of the number one menu. If yours is the same way, I would wonder why the wiring would run through the back unit. I would seek the advise of a service tech that works on Berkshires, or I would call the factory. Good luck.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #7
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Quote:
Yes I tried that and the furnace choice doesn't come up. Talked the previous owner and he had the rear air replaced a year ago and never operated it after. I think there may be a wiring problem, I popes off the cover on the rear air from inside. There are a couple of phone jacks which I think are the thermostat controls. There is another wire that brown with a white and red in it they are not hooked to anything? Not sure what's going on.
Just a thought, those phone jack things maybe filters for high speed Internet computer connections. I know I had to put filters on all of phone connections when I installed high speed Internet. Hope this helps on your quest to identify wiring.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #8

No they are the thermostat control wiring. That's for sure.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #9
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Quote:
No they are the thermostat control wiring. That's for sure.
Don't know if this will help or not, but I took a picture of my rear ac/heat pump unit with cover off. My unit is a 2011. I also looked at the specs for year unit and it says there are two ac/heat pumps and a furnace. I've also included a picture of my thermostat. If yours is the same, as I noted prior the furnace control should be on zone 1 at the bottom of the thermostat display. My number is missing because it is blinking when I took the picture. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3362119605.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	8329   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-214961818.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	8330  

Old 10-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #10

Figured it out with help from the guys at Forest River. There are some switches that were not set properly under the covers on the roof. All set for some cool nights! Thanks for all you suggestions!
Old 10-16-2011, 03:59 PM   #11

I have a 39QS and my buddy does also. Both of us love the coach and hope you will also.

On mine and my buddy's the gas furnace is under the frig and is controlled through zone 1. If yours is not perhaps the thermostat has a problem.

Also make sure your gas is on and the gas sensor across from the frig is on.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:07 PM   #12
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Canadiancriss got it fixed. See his last post before yours. There were some wiring problems.

Tags
berkshire