Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2017, 07:38 PM   #1

2012 Berk 39RB

Going to the "experts" on this one - need help. I have a chance to purchase a 2012 39RB with 20k miles and low hours on generator. One owner who I know and has all records, etc. excellent shape.

Unit has brand new tires, new "leather" on all furniture along with all new batteries.

Cost 115k.

Need to know the good and the bad about this rig. Any help???
Deano777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:50 PM   #2

I have a 2014 390RB that we love and would recommend to anyone.
I don't know when the suspension upgrades began but Forest River did them for free. First ensure that the 2012 you are looking at has been upgraded with new air bags and larger tires (if it still has 255's it hasn't been). This is essential as they had little carrying capacity without the upgrade. Low hours on the gen set is not necessarily a good thing as they need to be exercised regularly to to stay in shape. Windings can suffer as well as other components. Add a good roof inspection to your PDI. Just learned the hard way that the seam between the roof and front cap can be a problem area for caulking (water leaks), check the running lights, around antennas and generally all over for condition of sealants. I am certainly not an expert but this is what I have to share. Best of luck - it's a great coach.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:01 PM   #3

only 2 reported 2012 390 RB FRF owners. Go to the community page drop down menu then go to members list. You can PM the owners.
Dave1960
Jay and Branna

Good Luck,
Karen
2011 Honda CR-V toad
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags