RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 06-25-2014, 09:08 PM   #21

The front and rear caps look nice. I agree the cockpit could use a upgrade and My wife sure would like a accessory plug over by her chair. When Mama is happy everyone is happy.
RodneyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:16 PM   #22
Director, FROG

There are two 12V plugs on the right side of the center dash, which can be reached from the passenger seat. To the right of the seat is a flip-up computer desk with a 110V AC outlet right next to it. We use a plug with a USB adapter there to charge Cindy's cell phone or the wifi hotspot, and use the other half of the outlet to plug in her laptop while traveling.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:07 AM   #23

Thanks Bob I wish I had taken pictures when I saw it at the factory. I never remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:43 AM   #24

Steve,
Welcome to the Forums and congrats on you new coach!! Which model did you get?
Again, welcome and hope you have many safe, trouble free, fun, and memorable trips with it!
Tom

Just saw your other post. Congrats on your '15 400 bh!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:13 PM   #25

Does anyone know where the step interlock switch is located. There are usually in the step well?
Steve.heicklen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:22 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankatp View Post
It looks like they still haven't put a decent GPS in the dash. Am I correct?
Hmm, picking up a new (2014) Berkshire next week and was planning on using the gps. What's wrong with the factory installed unit? Should I bring along my trusty Garmin?

Dan
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:41 PM   #27

My 2014 390BH does not have GPS, wasn't an option. It is a jensen stereo with three camera inputs. The 15's have an optional GPS I beleiev

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2014 Berkshire 390BH
2011 cadillac SRX
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:36 PM   #28

I'm picking up a 400BH-60 on Wednesday of next week. It's designated a 2014 model and except for the front and rear caps, the vent system for the A/C, removal of the stereo in the outside entertainment center and substitution of a wired remote the 2015 is extremely close to mine. I always wondered why Berkshire had both a 390 BH and a 400 BH in the same model year. I suspect they made the interior changes (L-shaped seating and fireplace and GPS options) late in the model run.

I've found this forum helpful and at the same time somewhat intimidating. I've been on the internet literally every spare minute for the last several weeks researching different coaches, price, components etc. I haven't had an RV for more than 25 years. That's when I discovered boats. We sold our last boat a year ago and DW insisted we do something this summer rather than work. I was under the mistaken assumption that RV's might be cheaper. Except for the initial outlay the expenses are comparable. I expect maintenance will be cheaper because I only have to maintain one diesel engine rather than two. Everything else is similar, i.e. generators, invertors, waste tanks, heat and air, satellite TV, batteries, shore power or better like propane stove and full sized refrigerator. Oh, I guess there no real need for radar and autopilot but then again I never saw a boat with a slide out.

I don't have the time for a slow measured break in. My grandson, age 12, and I are flying to Texas on Wed and leaving for Central Washington on Friday after a day of orientation. I hope I don't experience some of the problems you folks have had. Then on the July 16th we'll take off for a month. We still need to buy a dink and get the tow bar and backing plates installed to say nothing of making a decision on Sat dish and receiver. Most probably these will have to wait for vacation as it's tough to get work done where we live. Of course my wife gave away everything from he boat like dishes, pots and pan, barbecue, chairs etc., so all that has to be purchased. Hopefully we can get most of that locally, but there's always Campers World in Seattle or Tacoma.

Sorry for getting off topic. I'll be checking in here from time to time and you most certainly will hear from if I run into some problems.

Dan
Old 06-29-2014, 11:30 PM   #29

Welcome Dan and congrats on a nice MH.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:15 PM   #30

Dan welcome to the wonderful, yet sometimes frustrating, world of RV traveling.

I hope you have fun and safe travels, just remember to ask any questions you may have. These guys are brilliant.

2013 Berkshire 390 BH
Old 06-30-2014, 03:37 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
Dan welcome to the wonderful, yet sometimes frustrating, world of RV traveling.

I hope you have fun and safe travels, just remember to ask any questions you may have. These guys are brilliant.

2013 Berkshire 390 BH
X2!!! Hope you really enjoy your coach!!

ps- Thank you Cajun. I couldn't agree more!! (LOL!!)

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:56 PM   #32

Dan, from my experience, the model year changes over in late summer as to what you can buy. There often is leaked info beforehand however. Althought, the newer model may have distinct changes from the previous year, FR will often be making changes throughout the year in what comes off production. Therefore there may be differences between say two 2014 MHs and only the VIN six digit serial number will give you what you have.

Hank
Old 06-30-2014, 10:04 PM   #33

Thanks for the replies. Credit Union just called and advised there was one more little "bump". They want a copy of the invoice from the dealer. They called twice but so far no go. I called the salesperson and emailed the front office after closing today. While I wouldn't mind seeing the invoice ( it will probably make me sick) I don't think there is a chance in hell the dealer will release it. We'll see.

Dan
Old 06-30-2014, 10:11 PM   #34

Please don't post any numbers if you do happen to get it. You may see a bunch of us cry....lol

2013 Berkshire 390 BH

Tags
berkshire