Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2018, 10:27 AM   #1

2017 Berkshire XL 40B - Bathroom Heat Vents

Hi All.. We have a 2017 Berkshire and are experiencing a lack of heat (and air flow) from both bathroom vents. Dealer is at wits end trying to figure out reason.. has anyone else experienced this problem ? All other supply vents work fine.
BILL49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:27 PM   #2

Check the outflow ducts - possibly disconnected or crushed

We have a 2017 Berkshire XL 40A and had a similar problem with the front furnace. I ended up myself having to remove the fireplace unit (the front furnace is located behind it) and I discovered that 1 of the output ducts was disconnected and another duct was crushed down. I connected and secured with a hose clamp the 1 duct and it was easy to straighten out the other one. Problem solved. Hate to say it but you'll have better luck tracking down and fixing the problem yourself rather than multiple trips to the RV dealer.
TampaGary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:39 PM   #3

We had a heater duct completely disconnected from our furnace too. We took a panel loose from our half bath and it was just laying there. Basically you need to try and trace where the ducting runs and find access where you can. Take vent covers off and see which direction they run etc. We’ve yet to get our bedroom/rear bath warm running just the furnace. Space heater helps us supplement. It’s very frustrating that these units can’t be heated properly. We have a 2018 38A.
CampTBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:47 PM   #4

My problem is the opposite in my 17.5 38A. Plenty of hot air from 2 BR vents and the one next to the FP. Front bath heat ok but hardly any flow from the only front vent behind the passenger seat making area from dinette forward too cold.
planopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:46 PM   #5

Plumbers camera scope.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Plumbers camera scope.

Great idea! I was thinking of getting one of those you see on Amazon for your Iphone. This is just the type of project for that!
CampTBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:47 PM   #7

I used a Wifi endoscope that I bought for about $10. Money well spent... I had a water leak coming out from under my closet, and was able to thread the endoscope under the floor, along the plumbing and find a screw that had pierced the PEX plumbing causing the leak. Was able to repair without removing closet floor.
ckabrahamson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bathroom, berkshire, roo, vent