Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2018, 06:54 PM   #1

2017 Berkshire XL Double Pane Windows

I recently had the driver's side window replaced under warranty and the new window is single pane. All the other windows in the XL are double pane. I can't remember if the original driver's side window was double pane also. It seems strange that it would be the only single pane window in the RV. Can any other XL owner tell me if their driver side window is single or double pane ? Thanks !
BILL49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:12 PM   #2

My Berk 34QS is single pane on the driver's side.

I suspect that the front window, driver's side and door window are items that come under a motor vehicle jurisdiction. That affects tinting and other visibility issues. I imagine that double pane is not allowed because of the difficulty of controlling reflections and the possibility of internal fog that can't be cleared if the seal breaks.

–Gordon
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2579202
Toad: 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4; Formerly: 2005 Acura EL (aka Honda Civic)
gordonsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:53 PM   #3

I'd appreciate if any one who has a 2017 XL could check their driver side window to see if the large window above the slide window is single or double pane. Thanks.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:59 PM   #4

They are all single pane and are all safety glass because they are in the cockpit. My 2011 is. All should be.
zuckerburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 07:05 PM   #5

OK Tnx.. My driver side is single pane but the passenger side is double pane..the driver side is the only single pane in the rig

Tags
berkshire, window