Old 07-02-2020, 12:32 AM   #1

2018 Berkshire xl 40b water heater issue

Hi,

We just traded in our Georgetown xl for a 2018 Berkshire xl 40b. The dealer did a lousy job with out pdi and rushed us through it. I have a few questions.

1. Whatís the procedure on getting hot water when you are not connected at a camp site. What are the options? I canít seem to get hot water while the rig is parked in front of our house right now.

2. The induction cooktop is not powering on? Is there anything I need to do? Iíve never had one and they didnít show us how to power it on. They did say we need special pots and pans which are not included.

3. Anyway I can get the combo to the safe reset? They didnít have it?

Thank you all in advance.

Ozzie

sirozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 07:54 AM   #2

If you Have the Truma tankless you have to turn on 2 switches. On mine there is a switch in the closet in the bedroom and then in the compartment for the tankless your have an on/off switch.

Your cook top you will need ferrous metal pans. When you buy them it has an insignia that tells you they will work on an induction cook top.

On the safe, i would call the manufacturer of the safe, they should be able to walk you through the proceedure.

Good luck.

Inlineskater67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 09:29 AM   #3

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Hot water issue. Here are the steps Iíve taken for the hot water and I canít still get it to work.

1. Rv is parked in front of our house with no hookups.
2. Opened the propane valve.
3. Located the hot water box outside of the coach switch is ďonĒ. I noticed middle is off and up or down is on? Any difference in the on positions?
4. In lcd command center I turned on water pump and water lp heater? Is the correct?
5. I went into master bathroom and found a switch against the washer driver closet. I turned it on.

Still no hot water? How long should I wait? Does the inverter, generator or anything else need to be on?

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5781.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	232925Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5785.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	304.3 KB
ID:	232926Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5782.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	232927
Old 07-02-2020, 10:30 AM   #4
Commercial Member

sirozz,

We would be happy to assist you with these questions regarding your 2018 Berkshire XL. Please contact Mike Winterrowd in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: https://www.forestriverinc.com/Direc...92861396788547.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 12:11 PM   #5

Got the hot water working. The light on the bedroom switch cane on magically. Once the light was on the water got hot. Thanks
Old 07-02-2020, 12:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inlineskater67 View Post
If you Have the Truma tankless you have to turn on 2 switches. On mine there is a switch in the closet in the bedroom and then in the compartment for the tankless your have an on/off switch.

Your cook top you will need ferrous metal pans. When you buy them it has an insignia that tells you they will work on an induction cook top.

On the safe, i would call the manufacturer of the safe, they should be able to walk you through the proceedure.

Good luck.

Will the power come on with mount the pan or will it only power on if it detects the pan?

Also will the fireplace only work on shore power? Any tricks to get it power on generator or inverter?

Thanks Ozzie
Old 07-02-2020, 12:23 PM   #7

Fireplace is on shore power only. Heating elements on the inverter drain the batteries too fast.
Maingler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 12:26 PM   #8

Everything has power with generator also.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:29 PM   #9

The induction top also needs gen or house power. It will only heat up when the pan is applied.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:31 PM   #10

Which dealer did you buy this from. Sounds like they need some training!
Old 07-02-2020, 12:46 PM   #11

Brand name of cooktop is Sequioa. You can find a manual on line if its no longer in your black box packet.
Old 07-02-2020, 01:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maingler View Post
Which dealer did you buy this from. Sounds like they need some training!

Yes not really happy with the after the sale service or walkthrough. Actually no walk through at all. I felt so rushed.

The walkthrough was basically me asking them ďwhatís thisĒ. Maybe next time I donít tell them I had another forest river.

It was terrible: also the walkthrough was done by my sales person vs the pdi staff.

Ozzie
Old 07-02-2020, 02:09 PM   #13

Berkshire dealer

Really....what dealer did you buy it from? I am considering a 45í Berkshire. Would like to avoid a bad dealer...been there once with a Dynamax and do not want to
do that again.
Thanks!

Jim
Jetjockey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 05:17 PM   #14

Truma Unit

Based on the picture of the Truma enclosure outside controller, you need to call Truma for an upgraded unit. I had the same problem with my 40B. I can tell by the labels. Software issue. That fixed everything with hot water.

Mocha Majic

Thanks for the response.

Hot water issue. Here are the steps Iíve taken for the hot water and I canít still get it to work.

1. Rv is parked in front of our house with no hookups.
2. Opened the propane valve.
3. Located the hot water box outside of the coach switch is ďonĒ. I noticed middle is off and up or down is on? Any difference in the on positions?
4. In lcd command center I turned on water pump and water lp heater? Is the correct?
5. I went into master bathroom and found a switch against the washer driver closet. I turned it on.

Still no hot water? How long should I wait? Does the inverter, generator or anything else need to be on?

Thanks

Attachment 232925Attachment 232926Attachment 232927[/QUOTE]
Mocha Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 07:14 PM   #15

On my 2018 Berkshire, the label on the lcd said "LP Heater." Because of problems with my A/C blower not turning off, I sent my display into the factory. They updated the software to the 2019 version. Among other things that changes is that they relabelled the "LP Heater" to now read "Water Heater".
Old 07-25-2020, 01:54 PM   #16

Induction cooktop: pots/pans: if a magnet sticks to the bottom of the pan it will work on the cooktop. Aluminum pans won't work. The cooktop will only beep if there is no pan there.

For the safe: look for a key in the black bag (the one with all the manuals).

For the Truma: turn off outside switch, then turn off switch in the bathroom, go to Precision Plex turn Truma ON there, go outside and turn the Truma on, then go into bathroom and turn switch on there...... The sequence of steps counts to get it working.

Fireplace only works on shore power or generator.

Good Luck!

RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkshire, heater, water, water heater