Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2021, 09:01 PM   #1
2023 Allegro Bus 45OPP

2019 Berkshire 34QS Cargo Doors

I have a plate attached to the the "left hand door" of the two cargo doors, if your facing the rig where the front of the MH is facing to the right. Actually, on both sides I have this same plate and it looks to prevent the door that opens facing the front, to open without the front door opening first. Don't know why they would have designed a door facing the front to open but that's another rant (yes, mine flew open during travel and was ripped off).

So in any event, I would like to replace the piece in question and when I asked the FR parts department about the part they came back and said this wasn't something they installed. So I have to ask, who installed it, the dealer?

Posting this to see if anyone else with 34QS has this part.

Mine is rusting and would like to replace it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	part.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	309.2 KB
ID:	252004  
shepardmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:35 AM   #2

I doubt that was an added piece but rather part of the door as supplied. Why not just clean up what you have?
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:59 AM   #3

On my 34QS the front door on either side needs to be opened first if you want to open the back door. When closing I close the rear door first so the lip will be covered over by the front door, thus preventing the rear door from flying open as you go down the road. Note locking the doors with the key does not prevent the doors from opening. You have to make sure the latches are secured at the top and bottom of the door. Always tug on the doors from the bottom to be sure the latch is secure. Do this on all the compartment doors.

The compartment doors are put on the chassis by Moryde Ride before Berkshire gets to put on the body. The chain of events is the chassis comes from Freightliner in Gaffeny, SC on a flatbed to Berkshire, Berkshire does minor work on it, then ships it over to Moryde to weld the framing on for the compartments and to be strengthen then back to Berkshire. After the coachhouse is assembled and the interior completed it is send out for painting. Coachmen used to do the painting, but not as of last summer. A fabrication shop should be able to help you correct the door problem.

btritschler1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 08:22 AM   #4

Mike contact me at 941 587 5167. Currently passing I 4 on way to Berkshire Rally in Tenn

btritschler1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 01:52 PM   #5

The doors are designed to open that way so that the rear door can’t come open while driving. The forward door keeps the rear door “locked” in place.
fredhardy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkshire, cargo, door