Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2020, 04:48 PM   #1

2102 390BH starting issue

Over the winter I had a slight starting issue- that I assumed was low battery voltage. I would turn the key on- let the glow plugs warm- battery voltage would drop to 11.7-12 volts and when I turned the key to engage the started nothing would happen. So i would turn the key off and then back on right to the starter and it would start fine.
But to day I have the same problem but the voltage was 12.6- 12.7. ( on dash display) and it took several time to get it started ( engine not tuning over).

do you think it could be a simple as a the ignition switch? of off to freightliner?
Old 06-29-2020, 09:15 AM   #2

Did you try battery boost when the engine wouldn't turn over? If it starts with battery boost, you may need chassis batteries.

ceedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 04:35 AM   #3

2012 39bh

So rv is at freightliner service center- 1st they tell me its a turbo actuator- then the turbo- now they have moved on to the tcm needs to be reprogrammed. I do not have a good feeling.
Old 07-23-2020, 04:25 AM   #4

Well freightliner was correct . It was the tcm.

They put a different tech on it, He found the neutral lock out relay chattering. Wiring was ok- and it gets the signal from the tcm.

New tcm- programing and labor $2500 +, but just took a 600 mile trip and it started every time.
Old 07-23-2020, 11:27 AM   #5
Diesel Rep West Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-g View Post
Well freightliner was correct . It was the tcm.

They put a different tech on it, He found the neutral lock out relay chattering. Wiring was ok- and it gets the signal from the tcm.

New tcm- programing and labor $2500 +, but just took a 600 mile trip and it started every time.
Good To hear they were able to find the issue...
Eric B FR Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
390bh