Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2022, 10:18 PM   #1

34B water coming out underneath from rubber drain with shower running?

We were camping in Moab and when taking a shower there was water coming out of the rubber hose that has a flat end which I thought was the A/C drain. Anyone shed some light on this?

2021 Berkshire 34B
JJ Berk 34B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 11:52 PM   #2

I think a picture is going to be needed to get an answer that may help you.
Old 06-14-2022, 09:11 AM   #3
Diesel Rep West Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Berk 34B View Post
We were camping in Moab and when taking a shower there was water coming out of the rubber hose that has a flat end which I thought was the A/C drain. Anyone shed some light on this?

2021 Berkshire 34B
is this located underneath the shower? typically there is a special one way valve used underneath an rv shower, as there's not room to use a p-trap. the A/C drains on the coach are actually ran to the corners of the front and rear caps, so they should drain outside the coach.
Eric B FR Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 09:29 AM   #4

Thats your overflow on the fresh water tank. Your tank is full and you are pulling off the city water through you aquaview shower miser and overfilling your tank.
Maingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 07:16 AM   #5

I agree with others that it sounds like the overflow from your fresh tank. There are two possibilities for the cause - if you are, as Maingler mentioned, hooked up to city water, have a full fresh tank and are selecting the recirculation position on the shower miser (vs the shut off position), you would sending more water to your already full fresh tank.

The other possibility is that the valve where the shower miser plumbing goes back to the fresh tank is in the bypass position which would send water coming back through the shower miser overboard instead of into the tank. On my 45A, that valve is in the lower right corner of the tank bay on the curb side.
anaviator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, show, shower, water