Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2022, 08:07 PM   #1

390 fl slidesout

I have a 2013 Berkshire 390fl on the bottom of dining room slide it has 3 rollers but only the 2 on either end has a teflon slide strip should there be 3 strips

2013 Berkshire 390FL
2017 Jeep Wrangler
jman1725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 08:48 AM   #2

It might be that the Mfg figures the real weight is at the walls of the slide box so they added the strips. If the bottom looks like it wearing add a strip. As to your questions I have no idea if there should be 2 or 3.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 07:33 AM   #3

390 fl slidesout

On my 2013 390RB the dinette is a flush floor design and has no rollers. The slide rides on the plastic strips. I became concerned about the lack of a third strip in the middle of the slide since it was starting to rub the porcelain tile. I also noticed that there are plastic pieces fixed to the motorhome floor opposite the strips on the bottom of the slide. There are 3 of those so I concluded I could add one on the slide.

Called Forest River and inquired and they sent me a third strip.

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
toad - 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
edgewant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 08:53 AM   #4

Slide out

Thanks for the reply my slide is also flush floor and mounted to the MH frame are the 3 rollers. One on each end with white teflon strips 1/4 thick x 2" wide the other is about 3 feet in like it's should help support the refrigerator but once the slide come up and starts in it no longer touching the floor. That roller is missing a teflon strip not if it should have one?

2013 Berkshire 390FL
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Old 11-23-2022, 08:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman1725 View Post
Thanks for the reply my slide is also flush floor and mounted to the MH frame are the 3 rollers. One on each end with white teflon strips 1/4 thick x 2" wide the other is about 3 feet in like it's should help support the refrigerator but once the slide come up and starts in it no longer touching the floor. That roller is missing a teflon strip not if it should have one?

That’s interesting. Not sure why ours are different. Don’t understand why they would use rollers on a flush floor slide??

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
Old 11-23-2022, 10:29 AM   #6

slide out

The rollers are not on the floor they're under the slide mounted to the frame the teflon is screwed to the bottom of the slide when the slide is extended it roll out on the spring loaded rollers that drop down with slide. When I get back to MH maybe I can attach a picture they are visiable looking under slide when it's out

2013 Berkshire 390FL
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Old 11-23-2022, 11:02 AM   #7

390 fl slidesout

I understood that to be the case. In place of your rollers I have large HDMW plastic pads. So mine is configured to have the plastic strips on the bottom side of the slide to ride on plastic strips mounted on the motorhome floor. The leading edge of the slide is tapered so the whole slide drops when fully extended to make the floor flush.

It’s interesting they used two designs on the same year motorhome. My dinette is approximately 12 ft long and houses the booth dinette (some 90+ inches long) and the fridge.

Maybe your slide is bigger and heavier.

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60

Tags
slide, slides