Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2015, 06:45 PM   #21

As Phil says, just relax a bit. You're going to drive yourself nuts before you even get the rig.
I would also wait until after you get the rig to start calling Randy.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:34 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Look it it this way. It's a Moho and things are definitely going to break. That is the one thing you can count on. I'm a big believer in PM. I guess from my military days also Glenn. So PM good worry bad. When things break fix them. When they don't enjoy yourself. You will get stuck somewhere broken down. It's going to happen. Just roll with it and worry when it happens.

Best advice of motorhome ownership EVER!!!
Old 11-23-2015, 09:58 PM   #23

You guys are all correct, I'm kind of a worry wart. Just a little difficult waiting and wondering I guess. I got myself into this mode spending this much money and not seeing it in person first. I am just going to hope for the best and fix what needs it after it gets here Sunday. Thanks all again for the sound advice. Won't do it this way again, too difficult!
Subsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:12 PM   #24

A little frustrated (need a little venting time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsailor View Post
You guys are all correct, I'm kind of a worry wart. Just a little difficult waiting and wondering I guess. I got myself into this mode spending this much money and not seeing it in person first. I am just going to hope for the best and fix what needs it after it gets here Sunday. Thanks all again for the sound advice. Won't do it this way again, too difficult!

Glenn it will all work out. You should read some of 5456Mitch's old posts when he was buying his rig. Oh man he was wound up. It's all good.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:14 PM   #25

I wish I had known about this site when I was buying mine. The support would have been great.
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:35 PM   #26

Just to clarify on the "calling Randy" thing- that is a separate discussion about the front axle not being upgraded yet and the potential overweight issue involved. It has nothing to do with this jack foot issue and is part of my purchase agreement with the dealer.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:48 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by accumack View Post
I wish I had known about this site when I was buying mine. The support would have been great.

Totall agree with that!!!

2012 Forest River Berkshire 390FL
2013 Hyundai Veloster
jegstrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:20 AM   #28

Quote:
HAHA Glenn - at least you are not in our boat. We have decided to upgrade to a Berkie but need to wait for a couple of things to (hopefully) change before we get our unit mid-16. The wait is *killing* me LOL.

BTW...does anyone know if it is possible to post-purchase upgrade the current Berkie steering wheel to a smart wheel like the one on the Charleston?
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:46 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
HAHA Glenn - at least you are not in our boat. We have decided to upgrade to a Berkie but need to wait for a couple of things to (hopefully) change before we get our unit mid-16. The wait is *killing* me LOL.

BTW...does anyone know if it is possible to post-purchase upgrade the current Berkie steering wheel to a smart wheel like the one on the Charleston?
Good for you Bob! We are also upgrading from a fifth wheel and the learning curve for these mohos is incredibly steep. I guess it is akin to when I went from an 18 foot travel trailer to a fifthwheel the first time. This site has been great to learn from others and I hope one day to be able to help others here as well. Bunch of great folks and one of the friendliest forums I have been on. Good luck with that purchase! -Glenn
Old 11-24-2015, 10:16 AM   #30

Quote:
Good for you Bob! We are also upgrading from a fifth wheel and the learning curve for these mohos is incredibly steep. I guess it is akin to when I went from an 18 foot travel trailer to a fifthwheel the first time. This site has been great to learn from others and I hope one day to be able to help others here as well. Bunch of great folks and one of the friendliest forums I have been on. Good luck with that purchase!
Thanks for the good words Glenn - you BET it is almost a 90º learning curve

One of the coolest things we were able to do is go to the Berkshire factory a couple weeks ago on the way up to visit DW's mom. I am here to tell you that the folks at the Diesel division are a GREAT group. Really believe in what they are building and want it to be the best Class A out there!

I must say, you are living in a great part of the USA (LOVE the SEA-TAC area!) Given your handle, I'm assuming you retired out of Bangor? (Or Kitsap or Bremerton...whatever they are calling it these days! )

I work for the Army and travel to Joint Base Lewis-McChord every once in awhile, and look forward to every visit (and the seafood and Terriaki feasting that will occur! )
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:13 AM   #31

Yep, I retired out of Bangor in 2006. We love the area up here as well and it will be home for a long time.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:14 PM   #32

Subsailor. As concerned as you sound about this issue $200.00 seems fair for your peace of mind.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 02:43 PM   #33

Glenn, I bought my Berkshire having only seen pictures. I did run a CarFax on the VIN for some piece of mind and the buy back guarantee.

Paul
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 03:22 PM   #34

Thanks Paul, I did that as well. Still a bit nerve racking. I have bought cars a couple times site unseen and came out well, but never anything that cost quite this much.

I am currently in the process of "thinking happy thoughts".

-Glenn
Old 11-24-2015, 04:17 PM   #35

Paul/Glen- were your coaches used or new when you purchased them? If new, why would you need a Carfax report?

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:40 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Paul/Glen- were your coaches used or new when you purchased them? If new, why would you need a Carfax report?
Hello Tom, mine is a used 2013 390RB that is down in KY (I am near Seattle).
Old 11-24-2015, 04:55 PM   #37

Quote:
Hello Tom, mine is a used 2013 390RB that is down in KY (I am near Seattle).
Glen,
OK, Then I can see why you would want as much info on the coach as possible. Don't know if Paul's was used when he purchased his.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:35 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post

Tom, my coach was a year old with 11k miles on it. I also found that my 2014 Berk was built on a 2013 chassis.

Paul
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:34 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Boy View Post
Tom, my coach was a year old with 11k miles on it. I also found that my 2014 Berk was built on a 2013 chassis.

Paul

X2, which I think is common. My biggest hurdle was keeping our dmv from making it a 2013 ! After 18 or so hrs. over the course of 3 days I won.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:23 PM   #40
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Glenn, I have the old style level pad foots and have used them extensively for the past four years on all kinds of terrain. Early on, I went to Tractor Supply and purchased a 4 foot by 6 foot heavy rubber mat used by farmers for cow and horse stalls. I cut the mat into 2 foot squares. I put these between the ground and the level pad foot. I drilled a small hole in the corner of each mat and put a loop of nylon cord. This made retrieving the mats easier when I retracted the jacks. The nice thing about the pads is that they are biggest enough and strong enough to disburse the weight over a larger area. Here is a picture of the 4 by 6 mat.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1448418163.310868.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	94953

Hope that helps!! Craig

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent