Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Air Hoses

When you bought your air hose for your compressor, where did you get the hose and what fittings did you buy? We are looking to purchase the air hose for the compressor for those times when we may have a tire lose pressure or need to pump up a volleyball.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Go to any auto parts or big box hardware store & they should be able to help you in the air tool section. Campbell Hausfeld usually packages some air compressor accesories together.

I'm not sure what the quick connect fitting style (SAE I think) is, but it is the most common style. The reason I mention this, is the local garage uses a different style than our shop tools. If we borrow tools from them, we have to change the male fitting on the tool, before we can connect it to the hose.

https://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/3...600x600Q85.jpg
revrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:13 PM   #3

Home Depot has quick disconnect hose fittings. Be careful though as there are 3 different styles. I always use a universal female disconnect at the end of my hose so that it doesn't matter which male end someone has it should work. Try and use 3/8" fittings instead of 1/4" and a 3/8" hose. I don't know what kind of CFM your onboard air can generate but it makes a huge difference if you need to run an air tool for some reason, especially the torque of air wrenches and impact guns.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkshire, surveyor