Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2021, 03:19 PM   #1

Air Leak

Have a 2021 36B. Air is leaking out behind drivers tire. I did notice the dashboard gauge on the right varies between 100 and 150psi. Anyone else have/ had this issue . I’m thinking it’s a loose fitting
DaleP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 06:48 PM   #2

probably so, and I've had mine seem to 'leak' only when I'm applying the foot brake, and continues as long as I hold it down - at a long red light I may even get a WARNING alert telling me that the PSI is down, but generally it's never gone beyond that.
I imagine, though, if it does lose too much pressure, you will have your brakes being applied FOR YOU!
MrPalazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 10:23 AM   #3
Diesel Rep West Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleP View Post
Have a 2021 36B. Air is leaking out behind drivers tire. I did notice the dashboard gauge on the right varies between 100 and 150psi. Anyone else have/ had this issue . I’m thinking it’s a loose fitting
Try recycling your Jacks, there is a valve that is under the front axle that opens when you engage the jacks to dump the air from the bags, and some times this valve doesn't wanna closes when you retract the jacks.
Eric B FR Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 10:27 AM   #4
Diesel Rep West Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPalazzo View Post
probably so, and I've had mine seem to 'leak' only when I'm applying the foot brake, and continues as long as I hold it down - at a long red light I may even get a WARNING alert telling me that the PSI is down, but generally it's never gone beyond that.
I imagine, though, if it does lose too much pressure, you will have your brakes being applied FOR YOU!
The brakes will engage, don't quote me but I believe you need to have at least 75 PSI for the brakes to disengage. now that same pressure would not fill up the air bags so the suspension would start to go first and you would start to feel every bump. Usually for the air bags you will need at least 100-125 PSI.
Old 08-02-2021, 02:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleP View Post
There is no 2021 36B.... you may have a 2021 34B... Is it definitely a Berkshire?
2011 Honda CR-V toad
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 04:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
There is no 2021 36B.... you may have a 2021 34B... Is it definitely a Berkshire?

Yes to 34B. Fingers to big
Old 08-03-2021, 04:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPalazzo View Post

That is not normal- I would get that checked out at Freightliner.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:36 PM   #8
Diesel Rep West Coast

Have you tried recycling the jack system? I ask because there is a valve that release the air out of the tanks when you level the coach. the valve is located on the front axle, and from time to time the valve and jacks controller panel have been known to get out of sync... I would try that and see if it solves your issue before taking it to freightliner. Also the gage reading 100-150, seems like it is the correct amount, usually 125 PSI is normal. Just food for thought.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:48 PM   #9

Brought to Freightliner. Replacing the Height Control Valve and bracket.

Tags
leak