Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #1

Awning Adjustment

Ok has anyone tried to adjust the arms on their powered carefree eclipse to lower the pitch? Was it hard and worth it to shed the rain?
billygo3251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by billygo3251 View Post
Ok has anyone tried to adjust the arms on their powered carefree eclipse to lower the pitch? Was it hard and worth it to shed the rain?
If it's a power awning, it should dump automatically when it rains. No need to adjust the pitch like a manual awning.
Top B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top B View Post
If it's a power awning, it should dump automatically when it rains. No need to adjust the pitch like a manual awning.
It will dump automatically, but eventually that will stretch the awning material. It is easy to dip one end to shed water, and most seem to do it.
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #4

I don't believe that you can adjust the angle of the awning any lower due to the fact that it would hit the slide out. I had thought about adjusting it to be on a little steeper slope bud decided against it when I saw how close the awning was to the top edge of the slide.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #5

I was eyeballing the awning arm this past weekend. I see that there are numbered holes along the are so I assume that they are there to adjust the awning pitch. I haven't figured out how to do it. My coach does not have the kitchen slide so interference with that is not an issue for me.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #6

The arms have holes on the sides with a ball in one. Push in the ball and grab the arm to move it to the desired hole. It will retract and extend with whatever adjustment you put in (assuming no other obstructions)
tanddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #7

You can adjust the awning. Our dealer showed us how to do it. Do one side and then the other. When it extends, it will clear the slide. Once extended, the awning will rest on the slide depending on how low you adjust it. I plan on clicking down one adjustment and seeing how it works out. I can't wait to see the rain dump work. I've got a couple friends that could use a shower.

JJ
JJvike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJvike View Post
You can adjust the awning. Our dealer showed us how to do it. Do one side and then the other. When it extends, it will clear the slide. Once extended, the awning will rest on the slide depending on how low you adjust it. I plan on clicking down one adjustment and seeing how it works out. I can't wait to see the rain dump work. I've got a couple friends that could use a shower.

JJ

Not sure why, but my RV tech suggested that I not try to change it. I would like more pitch in the awning, but since there is a slide directly under the awning, may be I shouldn't fool with it.

Either way, it seems like that mechanism could bite pretty hard if you pop out the pin without someone else supporting the awning. A two person job in other words.

I don't like it being so high; makes less shade at certain sun angles.

On my list of things to check on......

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:56 PM   #9
marialee-Berkshire410qs

You can adjust the pitch of the awning yourself. With the awning extended and us on a ladder we moved the arms one click at a time, both side of the arm atthe same time. There is a different adjustment that should be done by an expert but not this one. We do have a kitchen tip out and it clears perfectly. We were trying to keep the shade on the windows as long as possible. It worked as long as the wind didn't blow..then, in it went..LOL
marialee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:35 AM   #10

Shade Pro Vista Shade

CHeck out the Vista Shade for electric awnings from Shade Pro. Will help make the Berkshire Awning useful

ShadePro Inc.: Vista Shade for Electric RV Awnings
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
CHeck out the Vista Shade for electric awnings from Shade Pro. Will help make the Berkshire Awning useful

ShadePro Inc.: Vista Shade for Electric RV Awnings
This looks like it could be trouble for our Berkshire awnings that retract automatically with the wind sensor. In looking at the vista shade link it seems that you are supposed to unzip the large part of the shade and only have the small 2' part roll up with the awning. I have had some awning mishaps already (another long and sort of funny but expensive story) and would be very hesitant to risk something getting rolled up and tangled in the awning.
mjracsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjracsj View Post
This looks like it could be trouble for our Berkshire awnings that retract automatically with the wind sensor. In looking at the vista shade link it seems that you are supposed to unzip the large part of the shade and only have the small 2' part roll up with the awning. I have had some awning mishaps already (another long and sort of funny but expensive story) and would be very hesitant to risk something getting rolled up and tangled in the awning.
the instructions with the Vista Pro awing state to turn off the auto retract feature when you have the full shade attached. The three foot section that stays on the awing rolls up just fine on my awing and that alone has helped block a lot of the sun from coming in making the awing more useable. Works for me anyway and retracts just fine. I purchased the 19 foot long, by 9 foot drop.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:39 AM   #13

I did the 10'x9'drop also works great. What I want to find is the old aluminum adjustable tent stakes to increase the useful space under the new drop.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #14

Will the normal "patio shade" roll up in the awning also?? I have one from my travel trailer days and would love to use on my berk. I would assume it should be ok just like this shade a few posts above.
Also FYI the awning is adjustable and the book says you can adjust one lower than the other as long as your with in 3 numbers of each other. I set mine up only 2 numbers apart and it has a nice slope to the awning and rolls up just fine.
klucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #15

Mine is a 9' drop and it rolls up fine. I was told not to store it long term with it on.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote