Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #1

Back to Elkhart

We dropped off the MH to FR this morning for some repairs. Some my own doing(make sure you stow the shore power before moving the MH even just a little) and some that are just one if those things. I am having the batteries replaced as the charging system cooked them. They are putting a better controller to avoid that problem. They are doing a few other things while we are here. Always nice to come visit. The service we get from Forest River (Randy and Mitch) are second to none. I don't know if anyone has met Warren he does the repair work. He is a great tech and takes the time to explain the repairs he is doing. Also he gets points for not making fun of my screw ups!

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #2

Sounds like you're being well taken care of! If not for our trailer checklist, I would have pulled away while plugged in . . . likely more than once! We've been campers for over 40 years, but the more gadgets a unit has, the more likely it is to forget something.

2016 Coachman Leprechaun, 319DS, Motorhome, Dodge Durango Toad
Badlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #3

It's always when I'm not doing my normal thing that I get in trouble. I'm a private pilot and check lists are so important. I was moving it over a few feet to hook up the car. Oh well not to bad of damage and all fixed now. I don't think I will do that again.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #4

My coach was just at the FR factory for some warranty work and upgrades (15k a/c and new batteries)-- they replaced the batteries with AGM sealed maint. free batteries and they seem to hold a much better charge. A big investment but worth it. They did a nice job for me at the factory -- Randy and Andy made it happen and deserve my thanks plus the techs were pretty fast in getting it all done pretty well!
mjracsj is offline   Reply With Quote