Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2010, 02:27 PM   #1

berkshire 390bh

good day everyone,

i'm new and in the research phase of rv'ing. i'm interested in the berkshire 390 bh and ultimately going full time.

that video on youtube from mhrsv dot com really sparked my interest in forest river.

so far i haven't seen any other class A motorhomes that come close as far as price, features, quality and design.

any suggestions on going fulltime or if anyone who has a berkshire can give me a heads-up on what to expect will be greatly appreciated.

thank ya
fulltimedreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #2

I just picked up my rig on June 17th and I will be taking my 1st trip this week. I feel you get a lot for your money and I just love my rig. RV direct has great prices.
Good luck and I'll report back next week.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #3

Have had mine for 2 years now. Had some minor problems initially but they seem to have been worked out. Really like the coach and as Dbt803 said, I also feel you get a lot for your money. Also, Fores River is part of the Berkshire Hathaway (Warren Buffet) group so I feel that they will be around for a while.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:38 PM   #4
2011 Berkshire 390bh

We have had our 390bh for about a month now and we are currently on the road with a one week trip from Buffalo to Branson, MO. It's about 1000 miles each way. We made the trip with our 13 year old twins and my in laws with us. It has really worked out well. Our mileage on the way out was over 9 mpg. No major issues along the way that weren't my own fault! Minor things that will be taken care of by the dealer when we return.

If you are serious about buying one, we researched all the bunk house models and the Berkshire was the best bang for the buck by far. Also you may want to consider Buffalo RV, also known as RVOne or RVDirect. A lot of us on here bought ours from them and it has really worked out well.

Ed
Old 06-30-2010, 08:16 AM   #5
2008 390BH

like tmmar i have the 2008 model. compared to other coaches, this is a good deal. I used RVDirect price points as a negotiating tool. My local dealer met their price.
justinph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:11 AM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I believe that Forest River offers more bang for the buck. It doesn't matter which line of RV you may be interested in. Sure they have problems from time to time but so do the other manufacturers that are charging quite a bit more. I'd buy another Forest River product when we decide to upgrade.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:56 PM   #7

do all berkshires come with ceramic tile standard? also the onan/cummins generator is an option as well? how is the standard 8.5 guardian?
fulltimedreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:15 PM   #8

We got our 2011 in May and it came standard with tile and the onan 8000 watt generator. We've taken it from Florida to Indiana and North Carolina to Georgia without any generator problems. The only weakness we've experienced is with the Salon AC. Just seems it's under-powered for the size of the room when the slides are out.

As for value, I don't think you can beat a Berkshire.
mstevens107 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
390bh, berkshire