Old 12-28-2016, 11:39 AM   #41
Dragonship Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAYALL View Post
Been with directv for many years, one thing is certain you'll get a dozen different answers to one question
Yeah, I'm starting to figure that out. The AT&T merger is another variable. Basically, if you don't like the answer, hang up and call back until you get the right answer......
Old 12-28-2016, 12:04 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarvan View Post
Yeah, I'm starting to figure that out. The AT&T merger is another variable. Basically, if you don't like the answer, hang up and call back until you get the right answer......
NOT far from truth! In fact, I have been told this in so many words by a very helpful tech support person!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:09 PM   #43

DirecTv + ATT = Disaster

My BP goes up every time i have to call these people. Total crap shoot as to whether you will get someone that is competent enough to understand your question. Not a fan of regulation, but..... ATT of today sure looks alot like ATT of old... Just sayin.
pearly44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:51 PM   #44
Dragonship Captain

So, after the day of Shakesperian drama at the house with the DTV/ATT man we took off with the Tuner/DVR in the box in the basement. Finally got around to trying to put it together.....

The bus came with a dish on the roof..... so I turned it on and, SHAZAM, whirring and humming commenced and after some time of that it told me it had located 101, 99 and 103 which, I think refers to satellites.....

Turned on the box and..... It said it needed to be activated. Went on line to do so.... NOT SO FAST SKIPPY..... "There are no open jobs" or something to that extent. Call 1-800-dum-dude (Tech had warned me this would happen)

Soooo, I called the number and was quicly connected to an American speaking dude who said he was a tech and I had come to the right place....

15 minutes later.... PRAISE THOR .... we have 51" of HD Satellite TV in our rolling mansion!

Now, for the bad news..... it's the same crappy programming as at home. I mean, there's nothing on really..... But sweetie is happy and that is what matters.

For the other bad news..... this Tuner/DVR was on sale. Now In know why. It came with the old style IR remote..... No changing channels from the bedroom. So I'll have to get an RF box as described above. Another power supply to plug in, yeah, that's what I need.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:46 PM   #45

HAHA! Yeah 256 channels of....nuttin! LOL

The SyFy channel is good and we have found that a subscription to Starz is not a bad deal.

One thing our tech told us that we think i cool is you can turn premium channels on and off at will! So, when Game of Thrones comes on HBO, you can turn on HBO for the 'season' and then turn it off when your series is over. Awesome!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:41 PM   #46

Quote:
So, after the day of Shakesperian drama at the house with the DTV/ATT man we took off with the Tuner/DVR in the box in the basement. Finally got around to trying to put it together.....

The bus came with a dish on the roof..... so I turned it on and, SHAZAM, whirring and humming commenced and after some time of that it told me it had located 101, 99 and 103 which, I think refers to satellites.....

Turned on the box and..... It said it needed to be activated. Went on line to do so.... NOT SO FAST SKIPPY..... "There are no open jobs" or something to that extent. Call 1-800-dum-dude (Tech had warned me this would happen)

Soooo, I called the number and was quicly connected to an American speaking dude who said he was a tech and I had come to the right place....

15 minutes later.... PRAISE THOR .... we have 51" of HD Satellite TV in our rolling mansion!

Now, for the bad news..... it's the same crappy programming as at home. I mean, there's nothing on really..... But sweetie is happy and that is what matters.

For the other bad news..... this Tuner/DVR was on sale. Now In know why. It came with the old style IR remote..... No changing channels from the bedroom. So I'll have to get an RF box as described above. Another power supply to plug in, yeah, that's what I need.
IR remotes are like $6 on Amazon.
1 Cockatiel-Lucky
dogsgocamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:42 PM   #47

Quote:

Oops, meant RF....
1 Cockatiel-Lucky
dogsgocamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:36 PM   #48
Dragonship Captain

Yeah, that's where I'll have to go to.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:10 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet19711 View Post
Man, sounds like you got a lot going on. Hope you are going south.

Well if you run into trouble give me a call, I may be able to sit in mine and

help you out. I will be here thru the holidays . So try and have a Merry

Christmas..

Joe
That was nice of you to offer your help Joe! (FYI Oscar: Joe's number is on the Buddy List).
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:27 PM   #50

we have direct tv at home. the main genie receiver, to mini genies wireless receivers, and the video bridge. when to use the trailer I disconnect these devices (and their remotes) and take them to the trailer and hook them up. I bought extra power supplies for each device (genie, mini genie, and video bridge) plus a coax direct tv coax splitter from ebay and installed these in the trailer. so all I have to do is take the devices and remotes. i do not need to take cables or power supplies. set up is easy. and it works just like home. remember, you need the video bridge to allow the mini genies to work.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:05 PM   #51
Dragonship Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
That was nice of you to offer your help Joe! (FYI Oscar: Joe's number is on the Buddy List).
Where IS the buddy list? I'll happily put my name on there. Done it before on other lists.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:25 AM   #52

Quote:
Where IS the buddy list? I'll happily put my name on there. Done it before on other lists.
You are a Berk owner. Your name is already on the list. I already sent you a copy (but I sent it with Mr. Sandrine). If you didn't get it, PM me.
Thanks,
Karen
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkshire