Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2019, 09:10 AM   #1

Berkshire tires

I know there are a lot of threads about tires but I wanted to give my two cents on the new tires I put on my 08 360qs Berkshire.
there were Michelin 255/80-22.5 xrv tires on it. after much research and a recommendation from a local distributor I replaced them with Toyo 265/75-22.5 tires. I can't believe the difference they have made. the quietness, handling and ride is unbelievable better then the Michelins.
fishcampbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:35 AM   #2
Dragonship Captain

Have to be careful not to apples and oranges here...

If you truly want to feel the difference you compare NEW Toyos with a NEW set of Michelins....And not a tired set. You may have noticed similar improvement with a new set of Michelins. Just sayin'......
Old 06-12-2019, 03:23 PM   #3

My truck always runs better after I wash it.
Dijoeboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:54 AM   #4
Dragonship Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dijoeboss View Post
My truck always runs better after I wash it.
Yes it does!
Old 06-21-2019, 07:31 PM   #5
BobbyJ

Tire pressure may also be a factor here. After you weigh your coach on all four corners and determine the manufacturers tire pressure (not the recommended pressure from Uncle Joe or the trucker dude who might be your best friend, and of course never the max tire recommended on the DS wall of your coach) then don't forget to add the Freightliner School's "5-10-10 rule."

The 5-10-10 rule says to take that calculated number from the tire manufacturers chart you just completed then add 5 PSI to the front tires, 10 PSI to the Drive and 10 PSI to the Tag. This will allow you go shop at Wal-Mart for milk and bananas and pick up Aunt Millie for a short drive. And always check your tires when they are cold. Cold is defined as where you are at that time. Arizona 105 degrees = cold; check and adjust. Maine 29 degrees = cold; check and adjust. Simple isn't it.? Be safe out there.

BobbyJ
State College PA
Bobbyj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkshire, tire, tires