Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #1

Berkshire with a Mercedes Engine Question

Hi! We are new (2nd owner) RV'ers! We just bought a '08 Berkshire with an Mercedes engine & took the pusher down to have an oil change & lube. It appears that Speedco does not work on this type of Mercedes engine much and did not have the Allan wrench to take off the oil pan! I am wondering if there are a lot of Birk owners with Mercedes engines and if this was a good choice to buy. Any input on what you can send me is greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
Luvsunshine100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvsunshine100
Hi! We are new (2nd owner) RV'ers! We just bought a '08 Berkshire with an Mercedes engine & took the pusher down to have an oil change & lube. It appears that Speedco does not work on this type of Mercedes engine much and did not have the Allan wrench to take off the oil pan! I am wondering if there are a lot of Birk owners with Mercedes engines and if this was a good choice to buy. Any input on what you can send me is greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
Oil pan or oil plug?

Do yourself a favor and buy the wrench and keep it with you. "Just in case"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #3

Hi, thanks for getting back to me! It is for the oil plug. We are trying to locate the right wrench. Do you know what size it takes and where to buy? I have tried Camping World and they don't have it or know anything!
Old 05-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
I would suppose, being that it is a Mercedes engine, that it would be a metric allen wrench. Might be easier to find it if you know which engine model you have.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvsunshine100
Hi, thanks for getting back to me! It is for the oil plug. We are trying to locate the right wrench. Do you know what size it takes and where to buy? I have tried Camping World and they don't have it or know anything!
If you have a dial caliper you could measure it.
Stop at a Napa or oreilleys of sort and they might just measure it for you if you order or buy Allen wrench.
It most likely is metric as stated
Old 05-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #6

Thanks for the info & suggestions! Happy RV'ing!!
Old 05-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

If u find size it might be helpful to others to post up what ya find.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #8

You bet, surely will! Also, i will to setup a thread for MB926 Engine owners for info sharing!
Old 05-31-2012, 01:44 PM   #9

Check with a Freight-liner service shop.... I'm sure they will have what you need....
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:40 PM   #10

Yeah! I finally found out what the Allan wrench size is for the oil drain plug!! Actually, there 2 different plugs; one being a 10mm and the other a 13mm.

We will be carrying both sizes on our coach - in case we end up in the middle of nowhere and need an oil change!

Thanks, everyone for your help and input!!! And special thanks to Ernest917 for all the helpful info you imparted to David & I. What a wealth of info!! You certainly are a Berkshire expert!!

Happy Travels,
Joni

Tags
berkshire, engine, diesel, mercedes