Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2017, 09:57 PM   #21

Keep us posted Ed -- probably can tell us in mid April when you come up for air
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:58 AM   #22
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Bob, I will keep you posted as we move closer to making a final decision. I must admit that I really did not expect to add the Berk/Charleston to my list when I started looking at a replacement rig. I had narrowed my search down to Newmar Dutch Star and the Entegra Aspire/Anthem.

We will try to stop at Total Value next month on our way to Terre Haute. Hopefully they will still have an XLT and a Charleston to check out when we are there.

Ed
Old 03-08-2017, 12:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Bob, I will keep you posted as we move closer to making a final decision. I must admit that I really did not expect to add the Berk/Charleston to my list when I started looking at a replacement rig. I had narrowed my search down to Newmar Dutch Star and the Entegra Aspire/Anthem.

We will try to stop at Total Value next month on our way to Terre Haute. Hopefully they will still have an XLT and a Charleston to check out when we are there.
Ed,

If for some reason they do not, you could always go over to the Diesel Division - I bet they would have a XLT there you could look at (Call ahead to Susan)

Don't know if you know this, but if you do a factory order, you can work with the Diesel Division to have "custom" items. For instance, we got a Queen bed IPO the King (we wanted bedside tables) and another XLT owner had them remove the couch & table so they could install their own.

I think it is really nice and great customer relations that FR is willing to work with Berk buyers in this fashion.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:21 PM   #24
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Marty (Mmnsc) was kind enough to provide me with a build sheet which does help some with the process. It would be nice to have a build sheet from the Charleston also for a comparison. I'm surprised FR doesn't have them available on the website. I can pull down Newmar's and Entegras without a problem but for some reason Forest River does not have theirs available.

I'll see what's out there when April rolls around and our trip out to Rose-Hulman for our daughter's musical comes about. It is interesting at her school to see a bunch of engineers trying to put on a musical.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Marty (Mmnsc) was kind enough to provide me with a build sheet which does help some with the process. It would be nice to have a build sheet from the Charleston also for a comparison. I'm surprised FR doesn't have them available on the website. I can pull down Newmar's and Entegras without a problem but for some reason Forest River does not have theirs available.

I'll see what's out there when April rolls around and our trip out to Rose-Hulman for our daughter's musical comes about. It is interesting at her school to see a bunch of engineers trying to put on a musical.
HAHA engineers and musicals - seems a interesting fit

Give Susan Seggerman a call and ask about the Build Sheets. I'm sure she will send them to you.

As for the Charleston, They probably have one but like I said that model is in transition & I am not sure when a new model year or floorplan will be released.

When we were at the factory last August, there were quite a few XLTs & XLs on the line -- I only noticed 1 Charleston and Tommy told me that was a BTO unit.

Tags
berkshire