RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2016, 09:25 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
RKNOLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Pearl River, Louisiana
Posts: 816
Berkshires invade Goshen!! Film at 11

Registration complete!! Goshen 2016 HERE WE COME!!!! Who else is going?
We also signed up for the Brown Bag Tour of Amish Country! (Something tells me I better diet hard before that.......) I never was able to convince Rick that "yes, feeding a Bison WILL be fun". He wasn't believing me...... so we skipped that one
Now, to start the count down till August!!
Karen
__________________
Rick and Karen
2018 Berkshire XL 40C
2011 Honda CR-V toad FB
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:28 AM   #2
Director, FROG
 
F.R.O.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Middlebury, IN
Posts: 3,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
Registration complete!! Goshen 2016 HERE WE COME!!!! Who else is going?
We also signed up for the Brown Bag Tour of Amish Country! (Something tells me I better diet hard before that.......) I never was able to convince Rick that "yes, feeding a Bison WILL be fun". He wasn't believing me...... so we skipped that one
Now, to start the count down till August!!
Karen
Karen, Herk tells me that even more fun than feeding the bison is having the bison feed you! He wants to go through the Bar-B-Q twice, but I'm going to have Laura watch and slap his hand if he tries.
__________________

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:30 AM   #3
Georgia Rally Coordinator
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 17,899
We did the RV museum last year very nice and then on to some good eating and car show. Later RJD
__________________
2020 Shasta Phoenix SPF 27RKSS
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:35 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
KennyGolub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 904
Finally got registered. I normally use Google Chrome, but after spending 20 minutes of being told an error occurred and I should refresh the page, I switched to FireFox and got in right away.. Not sure what I have in Chrome that might have been blocking it, but all is well that ends well.


Now the wait for August ...... tick tock tick tock.....
__________________
Ken & Laurie

2019 Entegra Aspire 44W
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:38 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
RKNOLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Pearl River, Louisiana
Posts: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Karen, Herk tells me that even more fun than feeding the bison is having the bison feed you! He wants to go through the Bar-B-Q twice, but I'm going to have Laura watch and slap his hand if he tries.
LOL! I didn't think of it that way....... maybe if I tell Rick "you don't have to touch them until it is with a fork" he will agree......
Karen
__________________
Rick and Karen
2018 Berkshire XL 40C
2011 Honda CR-V toad FB
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:17 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
tmmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Long Island (Nassau County), NY
Posts: 4,325
Ken,
I keep having issues with Chrome also. Keep getting a message that flash plugin in has crashed. Any hints as to how to keep that from happening?
Thanks,
Tom
__________________
Tom and Margaret
2014 Berkshire 390bh-60

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:25 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
KennyGolub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Ken,
I keep having issues with Chrome also. Keep getting a message that flash plugin in has crashed. Any hints as to how to keep that from happening?
Thanks,
Tom
No hints.
I kept getting two different errors. One said it couldn't process the credit card and the other simply said there was an error. Both told me to refresh and try again.
After doing that for ab out 20 minutes, (thinking it may be due to server over load), I gave up and submitted using Fire Fox.

I simply loaded the same url in FF and then searched for rally and re-selected my choices and it went thru immediately.
__________________
Ken & Laurie

2019 Entegra Aspire 44W
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:38 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
RKNOLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Pearl River, Louisiana
Posts: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
We did the RV museum last year very nice and then on to some good eating and car show. Later RJD
We went to the RV museum while we were there in 2014 so that is why we didn't pick that tour, although I hear that Das Essenhaus restaurant is fabulous!
__________________
Rick and Karen
2018 Berkshire XL 40C
2011 Honda CR-V toad FB
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:55 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 7,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
LOL! I didn't think of it that way....... maybe if I tell Rick "you don't have to touch them until it is with a fork" he will agree......
Karen
I am X2 with Herk - the BBQ Bison was excellent and well worth the trip!
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:56 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 7,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
We went to the RV museum while we were there in 2014 so that is why we didn't pick that tour, although I hear that Das Essenhaus restaurant is fabulous!
It is Karen -- and you and Rick can always go on Tuesday or Thursday when there aren't any scheduled evening meals!
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:33 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
gasman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southwestern Mi
Posts: 1,232
I'm registered and excited. Not going to sign up for any excursions except the factory tour. Also, make sure you note to be parked with Berkshire group


Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:00 PM   #12
New:
 
compman69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kissimmee Florida USA
Posts: 161
I think there is also going to be a Georgetown Epidemic also!
Registered Today!!! Doing the brown bag tour on Thursday, the Tuesday was already sold out! We are going to drive to the RV museum on Tuesday (Seen it on Flipping RV), been dying to see it.
Is there anyone else going up from Florida?
__________________
2017 Days Camping = 5 soon to be 12!
2016 Days Camping = 38
2015 Days Camping = 48
New: 2015 Forest River Georgetown 328TS
2016 Equinox Tow Vehicle
old: 2013 FR Rockwood 2318G w/ 2001 Ford F250 4X4 Diesel
compman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:40 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
RKNOLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Pearl River, Louisiana
Posts: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by compman69 View Post
I think there is also going to be a Georgetown Epidemic also!
Registered Today!!! Doing the brown bag tour on Thursday, the Tuesday was already sold out! We are going to drive to the RV museum on Tuesday (Seen it on Flipping RV), been dying to see it.
Is there anyone else going up from Florida?
We "caught" that epidemic once. We loved our Georgetown! It had a faux brick wall in the bedroom and a green glass vessel sink in the bathroom! It was really a beautiful coach!
You will really enjoy the RV Museum! I had no idea people were RVing that far back in history until we went to that museum! They even had some camping inspired toys that will bring back memories of Sears Catalog lists for Santa!
Have a great time!
Karen
__________________
Rick and Karen
2018 Berkshire XL 40C
2011 Honda CR-V toad FB
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:48 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
MartiB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Wheeling, IL
Posts: 249
While I won't be in a Berkshire, I will be attending my first FROG rally with my Salem CruiseLite. Got into the second Brown Bag tour but the Bison one was sold out as was the Prime Rib Dinner and Cruise. Oh well, got to be quick to get in I guess. Looking forward to this event.
MartiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:54 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
RKNOLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Pearl River, Louisiana
Posts: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
I'm registered and excited. Not going to sign up for any excursions except the factory tour. Also, make sure you note to be parked with Berkshire group


Rich
Hi Rich,
I am glad to hear you and Denise are going to Goshen! Rick and I look forward to finally meeting you in person!
Karen
__________________
Rick and Karen
2018 Berkshire XL 40C
2011 Honda CR-V toad FB
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:04 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
RKNOLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Pearl River, Louisiana
Posts: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbuckely View Post
While I won't be in a Berkshire, I will be attending my first FROG rally with my Salem CruiseLite. Got into the second Brown Bag tour but the Bison one was sold out as was the Prime Rib Dinner and Cruise. Oh well, got to be quick to get in I guess. Looking forward to this event.
Welcome Aboard! This will be our first FR rally too!
Do they have some kind of waiting list for the tours in case someone cancels?
__________________
Rick and Karen
2018 Berkshire XL 40C
2011 Honda CR-V toad FB
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:41 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
gasman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southwestern Mi
Posts: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
Hi Rich,
I am glad to hear you and Denise are going to Goshen! Rick and I look forward to finally meeting you in person!
Karen
Karen, looking forward to meeting you guys as well, but Denise can't get off work. She may come down and visit for a day, though.



Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:52 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 7,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
Welcome Aboard! This will be our first FR rally too!
Do they have some kind of waiting list for the tours in case someone cancels?
"Maybe"

No promises but in the past *IF* FROG Bob can finagle more slots he will try - my advice is stand by and see what happens. SO many moving parts!

Just to give y'all a sense of the madness, on any given rally day, Bob & Cindy are up at the crack 'o dawn coordinating 2-4 factory tours (free), the paid tour de jour, and all the little nit-noids that involve the care, feeding, and problem-solving that goes along with a 1,600+ person Rally

After answering email when they get back to their rig, they usually get to bed at @ 10PM...MAYBE!

So when you see them say THANK YOU!
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 03:19 PM   #19
jkoenig24
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Box Elder, SD (formerly NY)
Posts: 785
I'll be back for my second FROG Rally. See y'all then!
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 03:40 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
RKNOLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Pearl River, Louisiana
Posts: 816
BamaBob,
I am reposting your rally info over here too. Thank you for the info.


Tuesday and Thursday are the "On your own days for supper/dinner" In the past FROG groups have gotten together for Pot Luck dinners on those nights. Some people use those days to go to dinner at the very popular Das Essenhaus (google it!)

Lunch is on your own every day (assuming you WANT lunch after the huge buffet breakfasts they serve!)

Supper/Dinner every night except Tue/Thur, with Monday being a over the top "Pete's Meal" in honor of Pete Liegl (CEO of Forest River) Last year it was Filet Mignon!)

Obviously, if you arrive early, you need to plan for all meals for each day you arrive early.

Several people caravanned last year - it might not hurt to start a FROG International '16 caravan thread in the F.R.O.G. Events area of the Forum.
__________________
Rick and Karen
2018 Berkshire XL 40C
2011 Honda CR-V toad FB
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
berkshire

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.