Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #1

Big Day Monday

Well here I am "camping" for the first day of 2013 at Freightliner in Gaffney SC. The plan was to start our vacation a month ago and finish here have the front axel replaced and attend Camp Freightliner and just enjoy the area. Dianna ended up hospitalized for ten days and was not up to making the trip. I drove down myself and will get the front axel issue resolved. I cancelled Camp Freightliner and will do that another time. I will be happy to have this done and will post what the end result was and how well it works.The plan as far as I know is to replace the front air bags and other bolt on parts. The axel its self is the same cast for 10500-12500. The tires will be upgraded to 275 replacing the 255 that are on it now. It will add 2000 lbs capacity to the steer axel.
Then all I need to do is have the roof replaced and hopefully that will be the end to problems.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #2

What was the issue with your front axle?

We have the same unit as you 2011 390RB-60. I have seen where others have had an issue with their roof as well, fortunately we have not experienced any problems with either the roof and this is the first I have seen anything here about a front axle problem.

Hope your Dianna is fine now.

Happy RVing

George & Diana
GHodge is offline   Reply With Quote