Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2020, 01:33 PM   #1

Black drain line near sewer hose port

2010 390BH

I have a black drain line that exits the under belly right next to the sewer hose connection port. This drain line has decided to start dripping. I canít see where it comes from to determine where the problem might originate.
It is not either the hot or cold water low point drains. Any insight about this sure would be helpful.
Staskus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 03:52 PM   #2

On my 2020 Berkshire 39A, there is a valve located in the "wet bay" that drains the fresh water tank. Could that be true for your unit?

Terry
taquarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 04:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by taquarium View Post
On my 2020 Berkshire 39A, there is a valve located in the "wet bay" that drains the fresh water tank. Could that be true for your unit?

Terry

Terry,thanks for responding. In my unit the fresh water drain is on the opposite side of the coach where the water pump is. This drain does does not appear to have a cut off valve that I can see. The fresh water manifold makes it difficult to see where the line originates.
Old 08-24-2020, 04:38 PM   #4

Black drain line near sewer hose port

Does it only drip when you are running your air conditioner? Not familiar with your floor plan but could it be your AC drain?
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 06:46 PM   #5

Thanks for your reply. On my unit the a/c drain lines are located
Way up front and the at the rear. I think that we have covered all of
the drain lines that I know of, thatís why this is such a mystery to me.
Old 08-24-2020, 07:08 PM   #6

My coach has a low-point drain under the water heater. I access it from a panel below the laundry equipment. I didnít know it existed until I saw another post describing it.

Iíve drained it for winter, but I donít know where the water drain exits under the coach. Maybe you have found the drain pipe for this unit.

Given that my Girard heater is a tankless coiled pipe, it drains properly with my procedure for draining the cold and hot water lines. I have no idea why FR thought this drain was necessary, which is why I never looked for it.

óGordon
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2579202
Toad: 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4; Formerly: 2005 Acura EL (aka Honda Civic)
gordonsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 12:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonsick View Post
My coach has a low-point drain under the water heater. I access it from a panel below the laundry equipment. I didnít know it existed until I saw another post describing it.

Iíve drained it for winter, but I donít know where the water drain exits under the coach. Maybe you have found the drain pipe for this unit.

Given that my Girard heater is a tankless coiled pipe, it drains properly with my procedure for draining the cold and hot water lines. I have no idea why FR thought this drain was necessary, which is why I never looked for it.

óGordon

Thanks for your response Gordon. My unit has a Suburban water heater that drains when I remove the anode. Iím beginning to think that this maybe related to the plumbing for the gray or back tanks that are located directly above where the hose is located.
Old 08-27-2020, 06:54 AM   #8

i have a 2012 390BH60 with a Girard water heater. The drain for the water heater and washer is locater directly behind the water heater. Access by pulling off the lower left panel o n rear wall of bedroom. Purging air from this line will also help in function of heater.
lefaivre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, drain