Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2016, 10:23 AM   #1

Blinking Dash Gauge Lights on Berk 38A

Strange thing happened Friday as I was driving in to Chicago, it was starting to get dark and the sun was shining low, and at 1st I thought it was just the sun shining on the Dash Gauges, but as it got darker, it became apparent that all of my Dash Gauge Lights were Flashing. We were only 10 min or so from the campground, so I continued on. I could see in reflections that the head lights and running lights were on steady. Also, the Eng Brake and Radio toggle light switch lights were on steady.

At this point, it was getting a little darker, and it was annoying, so just dimmed the dash lights off.

When I finally pulled up to a stop light, and we were sitting still, I un-dimmed the lights, and they were still blinking rapidly.

After arriving at the site and setting up, I remembered the lights, turned them on and un-dimmed and they were all on nice and steady once again.

A 1st guess would be a loose connection, but I'm no so sure about that. Any other ideas??
bb920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 10:42 AM   #2

First off, the radio toggle is always on when the engine is running. If the engine break light was on means the engine break is on and will activate when you back off the throttle. Turn the engine break off unless you are in traffic and get the most out of your mileage.
As far as the rest of the lights flashing, I've not experienced that. Good luck.

2015 XL 40QL
Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:56 PM   #3

Is the blanking steady, or is it random like when you get a bump?
Old 05-07-2016, 01:16 PM   #4

Rapid flashing. I don't believe it's because of bumps. Even sitting still at a stop light it was rapidly blinking on all analog gauges No idiot lights we blinking. Only "round " type gauges.
bb920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:08 PM   #5

Bill,
I would give Freightliner a call (1-800-FTL-HELP). They are there 24/7 and could probably give you some guidance. The lights may even be blinking an error code.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Bill,
I would give Freightliner a call (1-800-FTL-HELP). They are there 24/7 and could probably give you some guidance. The lights may even be blinking an error code.
That is good advice from Tom. Keep us posted on what Freightliner tells you.
Thanks,
Karen
2011 Honda CR-V toad
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:07 PM   #7
Apple Valley, CA

flashing dash lights

Hi Bill, I had the same problem about a year-and-a-half ago I called Freightliner and he had me Shut the engine off and start couple of times, no fix. While he was thinking I started and stopped the engine 3 or 4 more times, and the dash lights all came on correctly. The technician said he wasn't sure what caused the problem. The problem has not reoccurred in the last 18 months. so far I'm happy

Roger

Tags
light