Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #1

Bunk bed DVD Players

Hello everyone,

I have a 2013 390BH and I would like to replace the stock bunk bed DVD players. Has anyone replaced theirs, if so what brand/type did you replace them with?

Thanks in advance,

Army-Dude
Army-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #2

Looked into it yesterday. Bigger screens will probably be the way I go when I make the swap. Tried to find something with Blu ray capability, but I haven't been successful yet. What are you planning on replacing them with?

JJ
JJvike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #3

I am not sure, but I want something with a bigger screen. Also would like to have Blu-ray, IR headphones, and video game hookups...

I hope that does not break the bank.

Also has any purchased an in-motion or stationary satellite that uses DirecTV?

Thanks again....

Army-Dude
Old 05-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #4
Family Man with an RV

Send a message via Skype™ to doctormdj
Finding a unit as an Overhead for the bunk with Blu Bray is not gonna be simple or cheap. I would think. For example... here is one with a HUGE 17" SCREEN. Looks like it could give you almost everything you need. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&tag=diin07-20

Just gotta hunt it down, I guess. One thought is to focus on the main media. We've added 1st gen Apple TV units to attach to the screens we have so the kids have access to 800 movies on a Hard Drive and we never have to hunt for DVDs to get scratched up. Just a thought.
doctormdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #5

How abt an auto custom store.... Maybe one like they put in cars will work???
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #6

MY current coach has a stationary dome satellite dish and I honestly do not like it. If there are any trees or leaves it is very difficult to get signal and I catch myself moving the coach to get a better signal. Also if it rains I lose signal. I just placed an order for a 2014 Berkshire 390BH and I'm having my dealer install the Winegard SK-3005 TRAV'LER DIRECTV Slimline. It is a open faced automatic dish that receives both standard and HD satellites. I researched a lot before choosing this one and from the reviews I believe it is the best out there and only one that receives HD. It also gets great reception even in covered areas. It is not in-motion but I do not plan on watching TV driving down the road and from what I heard unless your road is clear above it is difficult to receive in-motion with the domes. Hope this helps.

Jason
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #7

I have the Winegard Carry Out for the same reason.. I now have no issues with trees, etc. I just pick up dish and move it - not my rig..
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #8

I've got the Trav'ler. Had the dealer install it. As soon as I get the HDMI installed, I will be very pleased. If you don't upgrade the the wiring, it is kind of a waste. You'll save $$ going with a SD antenna. The antenna does work great and usually takes about 4 mins to lock on.

JJ
JJvike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #9

I have the VueCube, but it has been a pain in the butt. This is an awesome forum and I am happy to be a part of it.

BTW, I have given up on the Blu-Ray flip down DVD players, so I am searching for a player that has a larger screen and RCA jacks - Amazon.con has a lot to select from, but not many reviews..

Thanks,

Army Dude