Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #21

Taxman sorry if I'm not looking in the right spot I'm on the Mobil ap but why year and model do you have. Also have you weighed your empty and full. What motor the 340 or 360?
Sorry you haven't heard from FR did you try contacting them directly? Randy or Mitch are good about returning phone but better with e mail. I know this is a real busy time for them.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #22

I anticipate emptying my coach tomorrow and taking it for weight. I'll keep y'all posted.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #23

Sorry taxman I see your signature know. What motor?

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:42 AM   #24
2011 Berkshire 390bh

I did hear from Randy last night. Hopefully he can give me some information about the weight issues.

My unit is a little unique as it is a 2011 on a 2009 chassis. They had saved some '09 chassis for those customers who did not want to deal with the DEF on the 2010 chassis. My engine is the 340. My guess is that I inadvertently created the perfect storm by going with the older chassis and smaller engine even though I'm told that the only difference in the two engines is one chip.

I haven't weighed mine yet even though I've had it for three years. It seems like every time we are at a truck stop where they have a scale, we are hurrying off to somewhere else. More than a little short sighted on my part. I really didn't think about the weight issue until Craig (Super Chief) mentioned it. I should have addressed the issue sooner as the unit I traded was an Itasca gasser which was overloaded almost from day 1. I just assumed (and you don't have to remind me of what assume means!) that because it was a diesel pusher that it had plenty of capacity. As I have since found out....tain't necessicarily so!

Ed
Old 04-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
My guess is that I inadvertently created the perfect storm by going with the older chassis and smaller engine even though I'm told that the only difference in the two engines is one chip.

Ed
Between the two engines that is true; just a computer chip.

However, my understanding is that they put a 2500 tranny on the 340 and a 3000 tranny on the 360.

I'd suspect the 3000 is beefier to handle the extra HP.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #26
2011 Berkshire 390bh

You are correct Boo. The 360 uses the Allison 3000 and the 340 uses the 2500.