Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2014, 09:26 AM   #1

Can't find thread

Hi.

I believe it was in the Berkshire forum where someone purchased a new backup monitor and took the plug from the existing monitor to it.

I've browsed and used search for "monitors" and various forms of that and could not find it.

Anybody here remember that ?

Thanks.
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #2

Can't find thread

First Mod Color Cameras, sorry, I don't know how to link to the thread. also double din monitor.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
NV245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
Hi.

I believe it was in the Berkshire forum where someone purchased a new backup monitor and took the plug from the existing monitor to it.

I've browsed and used search for "monitors" and various forms of that and could not find it.

Anybody here remember that ?

Thanks.
Hi Kenny,

What are you trying to accomplish? There are adaptors that you can purchase that allow a standard RCA type camera to connect to the Voyager plug. They are about $20. Or do you have another issue? Let me know as I have played with the cameras a lot.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
Hi Kenny,

What are you trying to accomplish? There are adaptors that you can purchase that allow a standard RCA type camera to connect to the Voyager plug. They are about $20. Or do you have another issue? Let me know as I have played with the cameras a lot.
Thanks for the reply.

Not having any issues. At least not yet. I read the thread on it that included the link to the monitor on Amazon. I ordered the 7" monitor that I will install early spring. I believe it was a Berk as he mentioned he unplugged the din plug from the dash monitor and directly into the new one. I just wanted to re-read it and also see how he handled routing the wire. Another thing I keep thinking about is how to mount it on the dash. I really don't want to use any adhesives and I already have a Rand McNally GPS and Tire Miner stuck to the windows.

The Berk is "tucked" away with a cover for the winter, so I really haven't gone in it to thoroughly review the options.

Thanks again.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:13 PM   #5

I recall a thread like that a short time back. But I don't think it was the Berkshire. And I think it was on that other forum.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
I recall a thread like that a short time back. But I don't think it was the Berkshire. And I think it was on that other forum.
It may have been. I monitor both all day. But I could have sworn it was a Berk and he was talking about bringing the cable out of the top panel on the dash.

But I've been having so many "senior moments" lately, I can't be sure.

Thanks for helping.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:06 PM   #7

Kenny - I believe that may have been me. I posted some time ago about my Jensen in dash radio/monitor kicking the bucket. I decided to replace the Jensen with just a regular car stereo and I bought a specific Jensen monitor for the rear camera and turn cameras. This is a link to some stuff I've done - small write up about 3/4 down the page called Rear and Turn Camera Monitor Install (or close to that). Feel free to contact me if you have a more specific question that I may have covered.

BerkshireMain
sold 2008 Berkshire pusher
sold 2010 Mini Cooper Convertible toad
sold 2015 Nissan Frontier toad
JBoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:00 AM   #8

Hi Kenny

Check the attached out. I have also seen where someone mounted a piece of Plexiglas to the dash cover using four 1/2 inch stand offs. The plexi allowed the vacuum mounts of the various devices to stick better.

If you purchase a separate monitor get a monitor with 4 inputs and that can be triggered for your directional use. They cost about $90 for a 7 inch one. You will need to get the adapter from voyager I spoke of in my previous post as the Jensen radio and voyager have custom connectors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Berkshire enhancements 8-23-14.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	67186  
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #9
Tim & Lisa Trempert

It's in the Georgetown forum. Title is Backup Camara Screen. I think it's from about a week ago

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 12-08-2014, 07:59 AM   #10

Thanks to all that have replied.

Lots of great ideas here. I can't wait until spring to start my own mods.

A Merry and Blessed Christmas to all !!

Ken