Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2016, 05:29 PM   #21

I flat tow a Jeep Wrangler but had a caddy SRX on a dolly and have no issues either way. I always thought a trailer was so cool because you can back up. Love my jeep btw! Enjoy your way!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 03-11-2016, 06:27 PM   #22

Too any headaches with a trailer. Not to mention, better have the MH3000 transmission!

Paul
2015 XL 40QL-60
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unltd. Sahara
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 06:33 PM   #23
2014 Sunseeker 2650S

For the past 3 years we've been pulling an 18' Aluminum car trailer that weights 1,350lbs (Aluma). The reason for the car trailer is my street legal car that we race cannot be flat-4 towed. We just recently picked up a new Ford Focus that can be flat-4 towed and we're installing the parts right now (e.g. baseplate, light wiring, braking system, etc.).

One advantage of a car trailer is you don't have to worry about what car you choose. However, there is a little more work to load/unload the vehicle. One advantage of a car that can be flat-4 towed was mentioned above - for most vehicles it's a quick connect/disconnect.

We've got the car trailer load/unload down to under 15 minutes, which includes a triple check check-list routine. We race on weekends so we load/unload on Friday, then repeat on Monday. However, on non-race trips, having the new Ford Focus that can easily be connected/disconnected would pay big dividends on trips where we want to park the motorhome, see the area via the car, then move on - possibly more than once a day.

If I could only have one car - I'd get the one I want, even if it has to be trailered. Luckily, the car we race is mine, and the new Ford Focus is the spouse's ;o)
Joseph Carozzoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:32 AM   #24

Saw a Berkshire owner last week here in our park towing an aluminum trailer. He had a jeep on the back of the trailer and his golf cart crossways on the front. Very cool concept. Especially if you were staying extended stays someplace.

I have always towed 4 down but now would like to bring my golf cart along too. But more healthy to leave cart at home!! Walk more.

In our park. You can unload your trailer and a park employee will use the park tractor and move your trailer to their storage lot.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:19 AM   #25

[QUOTE=Joseph Carozzoni;1127592]For the past 3 years we've been pulling an 18' Aluminum car trailer that weights 1,350lbs (Aluma).

Wow! My 12 ft bed dual axle trailer weighs twice that but I've been looking at/for an open aluminum trailer that can haul either one vehicle or two side by sides. What the salesmen said and what the manufacturer says are two different things when it comes to towing limits on the 38A. Since I use the MH dry camping and go alone occasionally, trailering works the best. Will have to check out Aluma!

BTW. What is the weight capacity of the trailer? Thanks
Bud Ezekiel H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:31 PM   #26

[QUOTE=Bud Ezekiel H.;1139255]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Carozzoni View Post
For the past 3 years we've been pulling an 18' Aluminum car trailer that weights 1,350lbs (Aluma).

Wow! My 12 ft bed dual axle trailer weighs twice that but I've been looking at/for an open aluminum trailer that can haul either one vehicle or two side by sides. What the salesmen said and what the manufacturer says are two different things when it comes to towing limits on the 38A. Since I use the MH dry camping and go alone occasionally, trailering works the best. Will have to check out Aluma!

BTW. What is the weight capacity of the trailer? Thanks

Bud, tow limits with a 340, and MH2500 tranny is 5000 lbs to maintain your warranties.

Paul
2015 XL 40QL-60
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unltd. Sahara
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer