Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2016, 04:13 PM   #21
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Doug,

Where are you getting Verizon unlimited data for $70 a month? (I want in on that )

You buy a line and do what is called an "Assumption of Liability" from someone who has an unlimited plan. They call Verizon and say, "I'm giving my plan to this person" and then you call Verizon and tell them, "yo dawg, I'm taking this line over from this dude". At which point, they take all of your info, try to convince you to opt out of the unlimited plan and make you a Verizon account. You then have a plan directly with Verizon.

I bought my line for $900 one time which went to the seller. I then pay Verizon directly.

If you haven't bought a 1-year membership (called a Mobile Internet Afficiando) to http://www.rvmobileinternet.com with the Technomads, I strongly recommend it. They do a much more thorough job of describing it.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:29 PM   #22

Thanks Doug! I am off to become a member!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:37 PM   #23
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Thanks Doug! I am off to become a member!
I actually bought a one-on-one consultation with them a while back. I was considering an unlimited data plan and wasn't entirely happy with my lack of setup at that point (lots of devices, no real network). I was happy to have it.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:44 PM   #24

Having had t-mobile since late 90's just switched to Verizon due to t-mobile excuses. On trip using my unlimited data plan with a map app, ran out of data at 50 MB. Called t-mobile and was advised limited to 50 MB when not on home system. ?'ed how that was possible when I have unlimited data, email, text, and voice and was told that was the way it was. Asked to speak with a manager and was told I was speaking with the manager and there was nothing that could be done. Asked to speak with someone higher up and was not given any info on who to contact. Nothing on their website that will give you any contact info for anyone, just 800 # for customer service. Verizon has multiple plans based on amount you use. Other family members have had no limits put on their service when traveling while using Verizon. Don't know about ATT, Sprint, or other services.
flyman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 04:47 AM   #25
2014 360 QL

thanks to every one that posted. a lot of good info.
I went with the Wilson amplifier---the weboost home 470101-k. and that one will be here today.
and the Wi-Fi ranger. elite pack fm. that one will be here on Monday. so it looks like I have some things to install on my MH.
so thank you for posting.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:08 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by po 185 View Post
thanks to every one that posted. a lot of good info.
I went with the Wilson amplifier---the weboost home 470101-k. and that one will be here today.
and the Wi-Fi ranger. elite pack fm. that one will be here on Monday. so it looks like I have some things to install on my MH.
so thank you for posting.
Please give us some feedback as to how it works out for you.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 04:31 PM   #27

Just started using a cell booster this trip. Mounted weboost 4G-M in our Solera. Kept the 4 inch antenna and mounted it on a 3 by 9 inch upside down cake pan painted white to match the roof to act as our metal ground plate. Currently using in long key state park. Signal on our phone hot spot 1 to 2 bars 3G , turn on booster , 4-5 bars 4GLTE ��.
Very happy with it so far. Working well considering I had to add 25ft of 50 ohm low loss ant cable on the input side to get the internal antenna where I want it