Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2010, 09:44 AM   #1

Chassis Battery Charging

I have the 2000w Mangnum inverter/charger in my coach. Does anyone know if the inverter/charger charges the chassis batteries as well as the house batteries? I know that the house batteries are charged while driving but can't seem to find out if the chassis batteries are charged while plugged into shore power.
Thanks.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:49 AM   #2

Yes the chassis battery "should" charge when plugged in. To verify, check the voltage at the chassis battery with a volt meter. Connected to shore power you should have between 13.2 and 14.4 volts. Disconnected from shore power it will be 12.9 or less.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:21 PM   #3

I have a question on battery charging when unit is in storage. I have 4 coach batteries and 2 engine batteries. I have one - 1 amp battery tender attached to "one" of the 4 coach bateries and another tender attacheded to "one" of the 2 coach batteries. Will the tender charge all batteries if only attached to one of them ? Or a better way to ask this question - how does one keep all the battteies on my coach on a tickle charge in the off season so as to not have the batteries ruined. Hoping I don't need 6 battery tenders. Way I see it all the batteries are hooked together. Help ! Thanks...Ron
Team Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:08 PM   #4

chassis batteries are not charged when hooked to shore power only when your running checked thru forest river paulser39 I have 2011 forest river berkshire W/360 (BH)
paulser39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #5

I was "told" that the coach will not charge the chassis batteries IF the battery disconnect is not in the USE position. This is the one located inside the coach by the front door.
amarzano is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, berkshire, surveyor