Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2016, 04:05 PM   #1

Coach net Extended Warranty

Well I just discovered something REALLY interesting today !!!!

When I purchased my rig in 2011, I bought the Coach.net extended warranty and paid for 5 yrs worth of coverage... This coverage expires 9/8 of this year... I called today to see about buying additional yrs of coverage and was told "It's not available"

I asked why??? Was told it's just not available... I asked if it was due to the age of the coach (2008) or to the mileage (44K)... Again I was told "I couldn't buy it" In addition, she became very rude... I thanked her and hung up.

I called the RV dealer where I purchased the coach and the coverage and when I mentioned Coach.net he said "Oh yeah - they're going belly up!!!" He told me that they had started "excluding" more things than they were covering while raising their rates... Said they are selling under a different name now but this dealer said they no longer worked with them because of extreme customer dissatisfaction....

So I guess I'll need to look elsewhere for coverage in September.... Dealer offered one for three yrs for $7,400.00!!!!! Passed on that one....

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:21 PM   #2

Get them to cover new steps before it expires!

2015 XL 40QL
Bunci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:48 PM   #3

They're replacing the starter in my generator as we speak....

Old 06-15-2016, 07:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunci View Post
Get them to cover new steps before it expires!

2015 XL 40QL

I love it. Never let up. I kinks agree why wouldn't they pay to replace them.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:16 PM   #5

Shoot guys I've grown to looooove my steps..... NOT !!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 06-16-2016, 06:17 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
Shoot guys I've grown to looooove my steps..... NOT !!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

I dropped off at the FR plant yesterday my Berk so Lippert could send someone to rebuild (really?) the step replacing for the 2nd or 3rd time (sorry lost count) the step motor, controller, door switch and wire harness. Even though I have supplied video of the step failing to extend or retract Lippert has repeatedly refused to replace the assembly go figure.

Wayne
Old 06-16-2016, 09:05 AM   #7

Quote:

When I purchased my rig in 2011, I bought the Coach.net extended warranty and paid for 5 yrs worth of coverage... This coverage expires 9/8 of this year... I called today to see about buying additional yrs of coverage and was told "It's not available"

I asked why??? Was told it's just not available... I asked if it was due to the age of the coach (2008) or to the mileage (44K)... Again I was told "I couldn't buy it" In addition, she became very rude... I thanked her and hung up.

I called the RV dealer where I purchased the coach and the coverage and when I mentioned Coach.net he said "Oh yeah - they're going belly up!!!" He told me that they had started "excluding" more things than they were covering while raising their rates... Said they are selling under a different name now but this dealer said they no longer worked with them because of extreme customer dissatisfaction....

So I guess I'll need to look elsewhere for coverage in September.... Dealer offered one for three yrs for $7,400.00!!!!! Passed on that one....

Is this the same company that has the road side? I ask because I received a monthly newsletter from Coach net yesterday via email and they still show articles on the extended warranty. Why would they put out a newsletter if they were going to do what your dealer said. I think there might be more to this.

Wayne
Old 06-16-2016, 09:09 AM   #8

Coach net Extended Warranty

I just looked my road side is with coach-net.com. You said coach.net same company?

Wayne
Old 06-16-2016, 09:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15berkxl View Post
I just looked my road side is with coach-net.com. You said coach.net same company?

Wayne

Wondered that also. I just paid for a year. Hopefully it's not the same company.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:04 AM   #10

Quote:

That IS interesting! Curious - who is your RV Dealer?

We are happy Coach-Net users and are very sorry to hear that you had a poor experience - in fact, so much that I called our Coach-Net Agent, and she asked me to pass her contact information to you. Please give her a call because yes, you can renew your coverage

Garfield Fabricius-Davies|Member Account Advisor |Coach-Net Protect
P: 972.993.8416 | C: 214.549.8524
2820 W. Southlake Blvd, Southlake, TX 76092

BTW, I think your dealer was trying to sell you THEIR policy LOL - VERY doubtful that Coach-Net is "going Belly Up" -- you do know that Coach-Net underwrites the 1st (and optional 2nd) year warranty on every Forest River RV?
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:09 AM   #11

I emailed my insurance broker who I have my RV insurance and coach-net with he has not heard of this rumor but will look into it.
I agree with Bob.

Wayne
Old 06-16-2016, 11:04 AM   #12

Actually my dealer suggested I look at the Good Sam policy when I balked on the price of his.....

He did say Coach.net is writing coverage through another named company BUT with less items covered at a higher rate....

Old 06-16-2016, 11:16 AM   #13

Quote:
Actually my dealer suggested I look at the Good Sam policy when I balked on the price of his.....

He did say Coach.net is writing coverage through another named company BUT with less items covered at a higher rate....

Good Sam is a alternative Ernest, but give Garfield a call and see what she has to say.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 01:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15berkxl View Post
Is this the same company that has the road side? I ask because I received a monthly newsletter from Coach net yesterday via email and they still show articles on the extended warranty. Why would they put out a newsletter if they were going to do what your dealer said. I think there might be more to this.
I received a letter as well but it seemed to be only about roadside assistance and nothing about extended warranty. Perhaps they are dumping the warranty side of the business?
MartiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 01:51 PM   #15

What's next?....
I bought my FR3 30DS last June. When I did, I purchased the 5 year extended warrantee through Coach-Net.
Just last month I received an offer for The Coach-Net towing and roadside assistance... I signed up for the Premier package for one year....

Now they may be going out of business?

I hope I never need them but hope they are there when I do...

Todd
Days Camped 74
twojump36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 09:02 PM   #16

I just got this email from them promoting a new service called ACCESS...wonder if they are phasing out of extended warranty for this type of thing? Looks pretty good for 20 bucks.
https://www.accesscoachnet.com/?utm_...m_source=email
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:43 AM   #17

Well I'm an idiot - after reading the last couple of posts I grabbed my wallet and checked my coverage card....

I have Cornerstone NOT Coach.net... Sorry for the misinformation... Don't know why I did that... Guess I really am getting old.... Dang !!!!

Old 06-17-2016, 09:51 AM   #18

Anyway for everyone except Ernest lol who has coach-net road side this is what my agent said.

"It is a new program Coach-Net has available, but was not meant to be sent to current members. Your email address was probably obtained from some 3rd party….having to do with RV’s and the broadcast emails were sent.

"It is a different type of program and does not replace the membership you now have. In this program, you pay $20 per year to have access to the dispatching service….but you pay the service provider. If the tow bill is $900….you pay it.

I don’t personally care for this program, but it is an option. I think it would be a better program for autos, but with the high cost of towing on an RV….it just doesn’t make sense to me."

As for extended warranty I am still working on that answer.

Wayne
Old 06-17-2016, 11:49 AM   #19

Thank you Wayne
Lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:04 PM   #20

Quote:

Ernest I just heard from my agent this is what he said

I heard from my guy at Coach-Net and the program is not being discontinued….unfortunate rumor being sent around by what appears to be a disgruntled dealer or someone.

Wayne

Tags
warranty