Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #1

Considering a 2014 Berkshire 390RB....any suggestions?

Hello everyone, great forum here! My wife and I are looking at purchasing a 14 Berk 390RB from MHSRV in Alvarado. First, can anyone give some general advice on this unit and of Forest River in general? Second, the dealer in Alvarado says their advertised price of ~$177k is as low as they (or anyone else for that matter) will go. Can anyone speak to how true this is?

We lived full time in a 40ft Palomino Puma Park model at Fort Rucker for about two years so we are not new to RVing but this would be our first motorhome....

Any thoughts/suggestions would be truly appreciated!

Christian
BRAVOZULU9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #2

I would go to rvdirect.com and 'build' the rv to your specs. They will then send you what they want for the coach. The price they ask is usually 30-35% off sticker. Is the $177 K for the coach with a 340hp engine or the 360hp engine? I'm thinking that it is for the 340 hp engine. Also, does it have an external entertainment center, residential refrigerator, washer/drier combo, and slide out tray? Just make sure that you are comparing apples to apples. I have purchased 2 coaches from them and I couldn't beat their prices.
Good luck!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #3

Hi tmmar, thanks for the input! Yes, the $177 (its actually $177,900) is for the 390RB-60 and includes the stackable washer/dryer, outdoor entertainment center, overhead flatscreen TV, residential fridge and the slide out trays. I think it includes almost all of the available options. I just went to rvdirect and they gave me a similar quote. So, I guess they are pretty comparable. One thing MHSRV is currently offering offering in additional to that price is a $2k Visa Gift Card if we purchase before the end of the year (which is not happening.) I do like that rvdirect has rigs in Florida however. We'll be moving back to the east coast (Southern Alabama/FL Panhandle area) this time next year so I'd prefer to purchase it closer to home than in Texas.
BRAVOZULU9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #4
2014 360 QL

if you do buy one from MHSRV make sure before you leave that they did fix every thing that you found wrong with it,,, that was my mistake,,,, he said that he did but he did not
po 185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #5

The price of $177,900 with the slide trays is excellent. I paid $2k more from RV One without the trays but still feel i got a great deal. I have the 2014 390RB-60 and absolutely love it! I can't see you not being happy with it. Good luck and welcome to the family!
Old 12-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #6

I purchased a Coachman Rv there and my friend purchased a 2013 Berk 390 there also. They are best for price and we both had very positive buying experiences. We dealt with "Cowboy" (Robert) as our salesman. Ok...a little unusual of a name I suppose but he took good care of us.
statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #7

I bought a 2012 360FWS from MHSRV back in July 2012, and I couldn't beat the price anywhere else. Service was good. We had a few things to fix before we left, and they took care of it all. Great people there. The service manager even gave us his cell phone number to call him anytime we had a question or problem. They also let us stay there for 4 days with full hook-ups under cover, while we became familiar with the new coach, and transferred everything from the coach we traded in. I would buy from them again.
BrakeBuddy
hawk10eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:01 PM   #8

They are now on sale for 174,911 plus the $2,000.00 gift card.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #9

I just bought a 390RB from RV One in Des Moines and got a better deal than MHSRV would give me. And they gave me $6k more on trade in. I don't know if you're trading something in but that might be something to consider as well. By the way, love the 390RB. Good luck!
Old 12-14-2013, 04:38 PM   #10

I believe the $2000 gift card is for fuel. At least that's what it was for when we purchased our coach from them. Our transaction went very smooth and our trade in value was very reasonable. I was not impressed with the one time warranty work I had done there. I had to redo what they had done. Like others they do know how to jury rig. I have not been back for any more issues. I can jury rig as well as they can if that's the way to go.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #11

We took advantage of that $2k gift card. No frills--was a Visa card with a $2k limit. We used it for all kinds of stuff--at stores and on Amazon.
statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:36 PM   #12

Well, add me to the club. Drove our new 2014 390RB-60 home from MSHRV on Monday. Ours was a long drawn out search, and Cowboy (Robert) was as low pressure as you could ask for. (started the quest Sept 2012... our plans and needs changed twice along the way.) He was at his folks for the Christmas holiday but still stayed in touch by phone to be sure I got taken care of on delivery day. The Visa cards can be used for whatever. Honestly, this was a wild week and all I could do was a fast walk through and I was gone.

We made 4 trips there over a period of 15 months, crawled in and out of no less than 100 rigs. They'll give you a 4 seat golf cart and let you spend hours looking at rigs if you want to. We were leaning hard towards a bunk model, and lurched in the direction of 1 1/2 bath at the last minute. So it goes. Started at Palazzo, drifted towards Sportscoach, considered a Charleston, locked on on a Berkshire. Purchase was smooth and straight forward (no trade-in for me.) I was looking forward to the first overnighter taking place at their facility but that didn't work out. Anyway, I'm glad to have the rig and look forward to shaking it down.
Gottawonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:03 AM   #13

Congratulations. You will love it. FR is a great company and stand behind the product. Enjoy.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #14

I would suggest you get a unit with the upgraded a/c systems. We have a 390bh and in the summer sometimes the a/c runs all days just to try and keep up. Also I do not know if they have changed or even offer the ability to have the stove vent blow outside instead of back into the camper would be the best.
Tazfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottawonder View Post
Well, add me to the club. Drove our new 2014 390RB-60 home from MSHRV on Monday. Ours was a long drawn out search, and Cowboy (Robert) was as low pressure as you could ask for. (started the quest Sept 2012... our plans and needs changed twice along the way.) He was at his folks for the Christmas holiday but still stayed in touch by phone to be sure I got taken care of on delivery day. The Visa cards can be used for whatever. Honestly, this was a wild week and all I could do was a fast walk through and I was gone.

We made 4 trips there over a period of 15 months, crawled in and out of no less than 100 rigs. They'll give you a 4 seat golf cart and let you spend hours looking at rigs if you want to. We were leaning hard towards a bunk model, and lurched in the direction of 1 1/2 bath at the last minute. So it goes. Started at Palazzo, drifted towards Sportscoach, considered a Charleston, locked on on a Berkshire. Purchase was smooth and straight forward (no trade-in for me.) I was looking forward to the first overnighter taking place at their facility but that didn't work out. Anyway, I'm glad to have the rig and look forward to shaking it down.

Love MHSrv! We got our Coachmen class C from them, then traded to the Berkshire in under a 2 month period. They are awesome!
Ashley
Tallcotton4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #16

Congratulations and welcome.
Safe travels and enjoy.
Debbie
Old 12-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #17

I also am new to the RV world. My wife and I bough the new Forrest River Legacy this past summer after tailgating at college football games we knew we wanted to move up. After looking at all my options I believe the Berkshire are the most RV you can get for the money. I have been to the plant and it is incredible all that you get in these coaches. We finally pulled the trigger and picked up our new 39 RB 360hp over the weekend. The differences are too numerous to list so let's just say we are thrilled with our decision. Yes we upgraded after only only 5 months. The dealer by the way where I bought both coaches is RVOne in Albany. As an aside they had my Legacy sold within 1hour of my arrival to trade it in- great people!!!
Terrilegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #18

Congratulations T. I had thought about downsizing to the Legacy but if you upgraded to a Berkshire it may not be enough living space. I am going to the Tampa rv supershow next month to check out all the new units. I am looking at the RB and FL floor plans. Not sure if FR is discontinuing these units, looking for a few changes from the bunkhouse. In March I take my rv back to the factory for some work and look forward to seeing the operation.
Congratulations again to all new owners and safe travels.
Debbie

Tags
berkshire