Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2015, 08:41 PM   #1

Convection Oven Preheat

We've been on our 2014 Berkshire 390bh for about a month now and loving it. Question on the convection oven. When I preheat, it gets hot but never beeps that it is up to temperature and preheat is done. Has anyone else had this problem? How long should it take to preheat?
Bunci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:17 PM   #2

What brand do you have. We have an Amana and it seems to take a while to preheat. The first couple of times I was thinking it was broken. I guess because it's a microwave also it should be faster.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:28 AM   #3

Convection Oven Preheat

We have a whirlpool and if u program the temp and then then baking temp info including cook time when temp is reached unit will beep and indicate to put in food
Old 07-06-2015, 05:19 PM   #4

Thanks. We have the whirlpool and have entered the info correctly but no beep. I will follow up with Whirlpool. Thanks for the help! This was my first time using the Forum. It's great!
Old 07-06-2015, 05:23 PM   #5

Cant remember if there is a setting to turn beeps on or off. Might want to look in the manual
Old 07-06-2015, 05:37 PM   #6

Bunci,
Seems that my wife doesn't remember whether there is a beep when it reaches the desired temperature or not but wanted to welcome you to the FORUMS!! Glad to hear that you are enjoying your Berkshire and hope you have many fun, memorable and trouble free trips with it.
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:08 PM   #7

do you all like cooking with the convection? we have one but i never used one so im lost just looking how to use it...Im old school i guess lol
xman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:40 PM   #8

Convection Oven Preheat

Bunci,

We have a 2015 Berk with the Whirlpool convection oven too. While preheating to cook some biscuits, it took a full 30 minutes to finish the preheat and get the beep. It just showed "preheat" on the screen the whole 30 minutes. I put the biscuits in about 15 minutes into the preheat cycle and they were almost done by the time the oven thought it was preheated!

Please post back after you talk to Whirlpool and let us know what you learn.

By the way...welcome to the forum, this is my first post too!

Thanks,
Terry
tkdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by xman123 View Post
do you all like cooking with the convection? we have one but i never used one so im lost just looking how to use it...Im old school i guess lol

We are used to it now. Dianna has baked a couple of pies and lots of cookies. We have done meals like meatloaf and it seems to be fine.

Old 07-06-2015, 11:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdavis View Post
While preheating to cook some biscuits, it took a full 30 minutes to finish the preheat and get the beep. It just showed "preheat" on the screen the whole 30 minutes. I put the biscuits in about 15 minutes into the preheat cycle and they were almost done by the time the oven thought it was preheated!

Terry
Biscuits are the only thing I have cooked in our whirlpool. I just put them in at the start and leave them in there during the preheat. They're done faster than they would be at home in our regular oven.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:19 AM   #11

Thanks for all the input. Welcome Terry. I have let the oven go to 40 minutes on preheat with no beep. Next time, I just put potatoes in at the start and they baked in less time than a conventional oven And I have checked that the sound is on. I haven't called Whirlpool yet as we are busy touring Mt Rushmore, the Black Hills and the Badlands. I usually save calls for travel days when my husband ( Paulie Boy) is driving. I will post an update after I call Whirlpool. Thanks everyone. Great forum!
Old 07-10-2015, 01:18 PM   #12

Update after talking to Whirlpool. Apparently our Model # YWMH76718AS-1 does not beep when up to temperature. They said that you can expect a microwave/convection combo to come to temperature quickly, maybe in 5-10 minutes, and that there is not much difference between preheating and putting in a cold oven. Most people skip the preheat function when using the convection oven, according to Whirlpool. So that is what we will try when we're ready to cook again. Right now, we're on the road in Wyoming heading to Glacier.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:23 PM   #13

Bunci thanks for the update. Enjoy your trip.

Old 07-11-2015, 03:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Bunci thanks for the update. Enjoy your trip.
X2!! Enjoy!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote