Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #1

de-winterizing the icemaker

I need to know how to de-winterize my Icemaker. I completed the de-winterization of everything else in my motorcoach, but I don't have any idea as to how to deal with the icemaker. Please help.
hark582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #2

How about year and model of your Berkshire for better results

does it make ice or no water going into the icemaker?

not sure if this is the case or not but I know when my parents had there motor home there was a valve that kept the water from going into the icemaker - my guess is the valve is in a "bypass" state
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #3

Ice Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hark582 View Post
I need to know how to de-winterize my Icemaker. I completed the de-winterization of everything else in my motorcoach, but I don't have any idea as to how to deal with the icemaker. Please help.
Hark,

Not sure model you have, mine is Dometic 1350 in a FR 378 4 door refrig.
Restarted mine last weekend, supplied 110 VAC and water pressure (pump). Put bar down in cuber and when fridge got cold had my first harvest of ice. Took about 3 hours. Make sure all tubing is made up and no leakes present. Make sure both ac plugs in back are in.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #4

I didn't use my ice maker on my last trip for that very reason. My guess would be to clean the house water system and run a couple of cycles of ice before injesting. That should get the fresh water into the ice maker
kingwood390bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
2011 Berkshire 390BH

I don't know your model, but I have a 2011 Berkshire 390BH. I was told when I de-winterize my unit to drain all of the antifreeze out first from the main water system, then drain the antifreeze out of the ice cube system. When my unit was winterized, they disconnected the ice maker tube to prevent the RV antifreeze from going into the unit and making pink ice cubes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3338524285.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	11201

I have circled the tube with the pink antifreeze in it. I have also circled the part with the hose disconnected.

Also when they winterized it, they unplugged the electrical connection to the unit with the hose that was disconnected. I was told to drain this unit using a patch cord with two connectors that needs to be plugged into the area at the top of the next picture which is also circled. (you would need to unplug the existing connections there to drain the tube).

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3670046088.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	11204

After you drain the hose, you would reconnect the disconnected tube to the unit. I hope this helps.

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote