Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2015, 12:58 PM   #1

Dead berk bed slide

Bed slide switch dead on "out" side. Seems to engage on "in" side. Slide is in now. On the road. Can anyone offer any suggestions. Are still 3 days from home.

ADK-RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 01:18 PM   #2

I had that happen several weeks ago. I found two ways to get it out. First way I discovered was for me to push the bed while my DW activated the switch. The second method was to press the In button momentarily and then the Out worked.

Be careful, the bed slide has a very known issue wherein the motor's gear teeth start skipping on the bed gear rack. Many posts on this which I can point you to if necessary. Hank
Old 08-30-2015, 07:27 PM   #3

I do not have my coach right now but if I remember there are two relays screwed to the wall. One is for in and one is for out. Both are the same. If the motor has not slipped down perhaps the relay went bad. They are black in color and to right of motor on back wall of slide under the cover. I leave my cover off now so I can get to the slide if stuck in. Also saves on weight.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:43 PM   #4

Weirdest thing. After trying numerous times earlier! Just tried again and slide went out perfectly. WTH!??? Loose wire somewhere maybe? Nothing changed. We are at campsite, level and all hooked up. Totally dead "out" before now hours later works. We are baffled but happy that we now have slide windows!

ADK-RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK-RVer View Post
Weirdest thing. After trying numerous times earlier! Just tried again and slide went out perfectly. WTH!??? Loose wire somewhere maybe? Nothing changed. We are at campsite, level and all hooked up. Totally dead "out" before now hours later works. We are baffled but happy that we now have slide windows!
you may want to remove the cover over the bed slid motor. When the slide is in you cannot remove the cover. Store it in the basement until you find the problem.

May also have a loose terminal lug on the slide switch. May want to remove the main control panel and check the lugs. You can pinch them with a pliers to make them grip better if loose. Be careful. There are a lot of wires back there. I have been in mine several times for upgrades and it should not be a problem.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:53 PM   #6

Does the motor turn when you push the switch on the wall. Under the bed remove the cover and you will see the motor and gear box mounted on the wall. If so then the shaft between the motor and the gearbox is broken this happen to me on the road but the slide was in. A fast fix is buy a speed o cable from a auto parts store cut it to fit between the gear box and the motor and tighten it down with the clamps. you have to take the motor off first the install the shaft.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:36 PM   #7

Same thing was happening to me. I removed the switch from the wall and just checked the wires for good connections. I did not see any loose wires or connections. Put it all back together and it's been working flawlessly since.

Tags
bed, slide