Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2019, 11:00 AM   #1

Delivery of 2020 Berkshire XLT 43b

We took delivery of a semi-special order Berk yesterday, and couldn't be more excited coming from the 5th wheel life. We were shopping bunk models from Berk, Entegra Aspire, and Fleetwood Discovery and liked the 43b floorplan the most. Plus, as a race family that will frequently tow a stacker trailer,
every foot less than a 45' pusher keeps us a little shorter overall.

This XLT had just come off the assembly line with nearly every option except the second awning (which is only available in the 43b, I think). We pulled the trigger and sent it back on the assembly line to add the second awning, and it was shipped within a week of ordering.

Dennis Dillon RV fixed a bunch of small issues before we ever saw it, and we found basically nothing wrong during delivery. It drove great on the way home yesterday. Today we are heading out on a couple thousand mile trip through Oregon.

It's all electric, heated floors, aqua hot, etc and we love everything so far except the lack of keyless entry and lack of a storage area/ compartment around the drivers seat for stuff. Hope to find a keyless entry especially.

Look forward to chatting in this forum and enjoying our coach.

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190726_120937.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	301.6 KB
ID:	210939  
Pitdad Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:02 AM   #2

Congrats and jealous from Arkansas
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:18 PM   #3
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Absolutely beautiful. If not too personal, what was the approx cost? We've a 2011 390BH and sometimes think of upgrading.
daverule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 08:30 PM   #4

Did about 400 miles today. The Freightliner Tag is much smoother and more stable than a 2007 Monaco Diplomat we had.

MSRP was 417k. We got about 35% off.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:18 AM   #5

Welcome to the Berkshire Family! You are going to love it! We have a great owners group filled with lots of friendly folks always willing to lend a hand. Best of luck with the new Berkshire! It is beautiful!Have fun out there!!
2011 Honda CR-V toad
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 12:31 PM   #6

Smile

Congratulations, and safe travels. Nice looking coach.
RLHAMILTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 08:44 PM   #7

I really like the way the awnings are mounted on the slides on the newer units- so you don't loose 2ft of awning. But those new curved awnings are really sweet.
Enjoy the new rig.
Old 07-29-2019, 12:18 PM   #8

That’s one big bus!
Old 07-29-2019, 08:43 PM   #9

con grads on new unit have 013 berkshire bunk model 360HP have 35 K on it
nock on wood has been a trouble free unit other then a few small repairs that i did myself
have been thinking about a new unit you said you looked AT INTEGRA BUT PICKED THE BERKSHIRE JUST WONDERING WHY ONE OVER THE OTHER
I HAVE NARROW IT DOWN TO TWO BRANDS THE BERKSHIRE OR THE INTEGRA
ONCE AGAIN THE BERK HAS BEEN A GREAT UNIT THE FOREST RIVER PEOPLE
ALWAYS THERE TO HELP ME CAN"T SAY A BAD THING ABOUT THEM.
THE BIGGEST THINK OVER THE BERKSHIRE IS THE FLUSH SLIDES ON THE INTEGRA
GOING TO THE HERSHEY SHOW IN SEPT TO COMPARE SIDE BY SIDE
Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
con grads on new unit have 013 berkshire bunk model 360HP have 35 K on it
nock on wood has been a trouble free unit other then a few small repairs that i did myself
have been thinking about a new unit you said you looked AT INTEGRA BUT PICKED THE BERKSHIRE JUST WONDERING WHY ONE OVER THE OTHER
I HAVE NARROW IT DOWN TO TWO BRANDS THE BERKSHIRE OR THE INTEGRA
ONCE AGAIN THE BERK HAS BEEN A GREAT UNIT THE FOREST RIVER PEOPLE
ALWAYS THERE TO HELP ME CAN"T SAY A BAD THING ABOUT THEM.
THE BIGGEST THINK OVER THE BERKSHIRE IS THE FLUSH SLIDES ON THE INTEGRA
GOING TO THE HERSHEY SHOW IN SEPT TO COMPARE SIDE BY SIDE
Just one bit of caution: Entegra is owned by THOR. Do your research. Go on to sites like IRV2 and read the reports from THOR owners.... then read the reports from Berkshire owners. Not all that glitters is gold.....
2011 Honda CR-V toad
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 05:51 AM   #11

Congratulations on you new Berk and welcome to the family
omahagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:26 AM   #12

Congratulations on your new 43B. I have a 2018 43 B and really love it. Hope you have as good luck and enjoy it as much as we do. We love the addition of the second awning also. Great addition to the Motorhome
Mmnsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:40 AM   #13

Wow. She's a beauty. Happy and safe travels to you!

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:32 PM   #14

Put about 2200 miles on the coach on the first trip. Got about 7.9mpg at 65ish. The interior is very comfortable and well laid out. My thoughts are 99% positive on the Berk so far, and I wouldn't spend the extra $40-50k on a 2020 Entegra Aspire if I could do it again now. The Aspire is beautiful, but does not have a multiplex, which we think is a great feature. Only a few minor issues to report on the first trip (one headlight and both fog lights have no power, the air dump is crazy loud and sort of embarrassing when leveling in a campground, one window has condensation between the panels). Plus, I'm still miffed about no keyless entry on a $300k coach (which Aspire does have).

As mentioned above, we will be towing a trailer, and I have spent hours digging through the front of the coach looking for the brake controller plug that reportedly exists from the factory to plug the 3027 wiring adapter into a brake controller, and I simply can't find it. It goes back to the dealer next week to fix the punch list and apply a protective coating to the paint and interior (probably wasted $2500 on that add-on).
Old 08-09-2019, 03:41 AM   #15

If they were going to apply a ceramic paint protection- on a 45' bus I would say that would be a fair price. I have seem shops get $1000+ to do a car or pickup.

Everyone who has looked for the break module plug has had a very hard time finding it- but I do believe everyone eventually found it.

Glad your enjoying your coach.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:32 AM   #16

Delivery of 2020 Berkshire XLT 43b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitdad Brian View Post
Put about 2200 miles on the coach on the first trip. Got about 7.9mpg at 65ish. The interior is very comfortable and well laid out. My thoughts are 99% positive on the Berk so far, and I wouldn't spend the extra $40-50k on a 2020 Entegra Aspire if I could do it again now. The Aspire is beautiful, but does not have a multiplex, which we think is a great feature. Only a few minor issues to report on the first trip (one headlight and both fog lights have no power, the air dump is crazy loud and sort of embarrassing when leveling in a campground, one window has condensation between the panels). Plus, I'm still miffed about no keyless entry on a $300k coach (which Aspire does have).

As mentioned above, we will be towing a trailer, and I have spent hours digging through the front of the coach looking for the brake controller plug that reportedly exists from the factory to plug the 3027 wiring adapter into a brake controller, and I simply can't find it. It goes back to the dealer next week to fix the punch list and apply a protective coating to the paint and interior (probably wasted $2500 on that add-on).

Depending on how it is set up.... one might be able to add a muffler to the exhaust

Something like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0596.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	211989

To me it’s kinda like a diesel....if it ain’t rattling it ain’t a diesel. Let’s them know you got air suspension. [emoji847]
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 03:36 PM   #17
hvstorck

Pitdad Brian
I too bought my coach from DDRV and thought I wasted money on Cilajet protection. Four years later I'm a firm believer and would do it again. Paint looks showroom new with no fading. Enjoy your coach!
Harvey
hvstorck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 07:53 PM   #18

Beautiful

I am on my 2nd Berkshire 2016 and Love it...The 2020 is beautiful and that dobule awning has me wanting one already
cybertiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:08 AM   #19

I too am considering a stacker trailer. How much will yours weigh when loaded. Are you concerned about power with it in the rockies. Congrats on the new coach, she is a beauty.
zb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 05:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by zb39 View Post
I too am considering a stacker trailer. How much will yours weigh when loaded. Are you concerned about power with it in the rockies. Congrats on the new coach, she is a beauty.
Thanks. The stacker will be about 8k dry and I'm estimating about 13-15k loaded. We pulled the backside of the grapevine in CA a few weeks ago at 45mpg in 4th gear without a trailer, so we won't be expecting too much.

However, 4th gear seems to be the sweet spot for these motors. Our prior Monaco Diplomat with a 400hp cummins pulled most grades in 4th at 40ish with a 13k trailer, so that's sort of what I'm anticipating. More importantly, I think we will feel safer in the crosswinds and downhills with the tag axle and stacker trailer.

Tags
berkshire