Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2015, 03:14 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Ernest,

Hope you get it fixed.

Could make a Lemon Rap about Mistake buying a Berk..

I hope it's not to that point B&B. Funny video. Crazy I have a Jeep and live it. Never had a issue with it and is one of the funniest cars I have ever owned.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:55 PM   #22

My Berkshire is SOOOO FAR FROM BEING A LEMON !!!! I still think they are the best coach out there for the dollar... Just have some bad steps that's all... If I had the $$$ I'd be shopping for a 2016 Berk to be sure... Love them !!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Caddy's, Mercedes, etc all have had vehicles that had a glitch or two that needed to be addressed....

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:58 PM   #23

I will bet anyone that Randy will take care of this when you talk to him. Any takers? Come on I need the money for the lot.

Old 11-12-2015, 04:44 PM   #24

I have a 2014 and had the bolt on my step break, I was also given the 1-800 number to call. I called and provided my Vin and they gave me a reference number to have the RV shop call and reference and they would send a new one. I have it at a repair shop now to have the step replaced. I don't know what else you can expect from FR than that.

Mike & Amy + 3 and the dogs!
2014 berkshire 390bh-40
mikeborny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 04:46 PM   #25

My understanding is the stuff covering the front of a 2008 Berkshire is not diamond shield. I removed mine, problem with that some of the paint came off, still trying to figure out what to do with the new problem. Other then having the front repainted any suggestions. Jim
jrlebaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 04:49 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlebaron View Post
My understanding is the stuff covering the front of a 2008 Berkshire is not diamond shield. I removed mine, problem with that some of the paint came off, still trying to figure out what to do with the new problem. Other then having the front repainted any suggestions. Jim

I thought you got all that done last year? When did they switch to DS?

Old 11-12-2015, 05:57 PM   #27

2014 has DS for sure

Paul
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:19 PM   #28

Disappointed in FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Boy View Post
2014 has DS for sure

Paul

Yes they used the 3M stuff on the 08's and most of them didn't carry a lifetime warranty. They switched sometime in late 08 or early 09 to the DS branded product with a lifetime warranty. I know some folks with a 08 that stripped the 3M stuff and it took the better part of 3-4 days. It doesn't come off easy. I know that FR doesn't want to touch it.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:42 PM   #29

I'm amazed at some of the comments on this thread. How come when someone has a problem lately so many people want to say so many negative comments?
Old 11-12-2015, 07:29 PM   #30

I noticed it happening shortly after starting to receive FRF daily in my e-mail.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
NV245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:27 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
Well, I've always been FR's biggest fan but I have to say I'm very disappointed with the non-action I've recently experienced...

As everyone is fully aware, I've been dealing with POJ steps for over 4 yrs now - all of which has been totally documented with Mitch at FR... Last week I reached out to Mitch and asked if FR couldn't do something to give me some relief... (I asked this after noticing several other Berk owners had had their steps replaced)... In my opinion Mitch totally bailed on me - he gave me the phone number of the manufacture and told me to deal with them...

In addition, my Diamond Shield has serious mildew issues around the headlights and knowing that it has a lifetime warranty, I asked if he could help me resolve this issue... Again Mitch gave me their phone number and told me to call them...

I realize that I have a 2008 model not a 2014 or 2015 BUT I'm as proud of it as all you other owners are of yours...

Yes - I'm a tad ticked off by this... I was hoping for more than phone numbers (which I could get myself)...

Soooo - I guess I'll just deal with this all myself... Thanks Mitch for all your FR assistance...

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Ernest917,
I think I understand what you are going through, and how you may feel. Don't get more wrong (before any one else says I'm just bashing FR, or This is only one side of the story.........etc........) We really like our Berkshire. This past summer we went on a 7000 mile trip out west and until that point our unit had been fairly trouble free. We did have a few things that needed to be addressed under warranty when new, but that was it. At the end of our trip 3 issues had become apparent. 1. AC at 100 + degree was inadequate, 2. FWS started creeping out, and by the time we were close to home we had to pull the slide in every 50 miles, 3. The ram punched through the leveling pad. When we returned home in July I called FR and spoke with Mike Bukowski, and told him I wanted to upgrade my AC to 2 15000 BTU units, and I also asked if they could fix the slide as well as the leveler. He told me he would call me back with a date to bring the unit in, but he did not know if I could get the AC upgraded by FR as that was considered "After Market". I explained I was more than willing to pay as I knew the unit was way out of warranty. He told me "Ill call you back". That phone call never came. I emailed and left messages with M Bukowski, M. Wirt, and R. Houser that all went unanswered. After 9 days M Bukowski finally picked up the phone when I called. Much to my dismay He told me I would have to take my unit somewhere else because they are no longer working on any units that are not warranty related because they are just too busy with warranty work at this time..............Really? It took them 9 days to tell me this!

All that said I did get my unit fixed by another shop, and I was happy with what they did. I cant for the life of me figure out why a FR worker would ever tell a customer they are too busy with warranty work, that just tells me they are turning out too many units with too many problems.

I am sorry for anyone that has to go through this believe me, but there are many on this forum that think FR is perfect and will fix everything as that has been there experience, BUT that has not been my experience at all. Again we really like our unit and it was going to be our last, but since I found out how lacking FR is with out of warranty service, we are currently shopping Newmar.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:34 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
I will bet anyone that Randy will take care of this when you talk to him. Any takers? Come on I need the money for the lot.

U need straw money for your new roof??

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:38 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
U need straw money for your new roof??

Russell

As a matter of fact yes. Those palm branches are more expensive than you would think.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:38 PM   #34

Well, everyone knows I'm a fan, but I will say that since FR produces 120,000 units each year, the problems are a very small percentage.
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:04 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm1964 View Post
Ernest917,

I think I understand what you are going through, and how you may feel. Don't get more wrong (before any one else says I'm just bashing FR, or This is only one side of the story.........etc........) We really like our Berkshire. This past summer we went on a 7000 mile trip out west and until that point our unit had been fairly trouble free. We did have a few things that needed to be addressed under warranty when new, but that was it. At the end of our trip 3 issues had become apparent. 1. AC at 100 + degree was inadequate, 2. FWS started creeping out, and by the time we were close to home we had to pull the slide in every 50 miles, 3. The ram punched through the leveling pad. When we returned home in July I called FR and spoke with Mike Bukowski, and told him I wanted to upgrade my AC to 2 15000 BTU units, and I also asked if they could fix the slide as well as the leveler. He told me he would call me back with a date to bring the unit in, but he did not know if I could get the AC upgraded by FR as that was considered "After Market". I explained I was more than willing to pay as I knew the unit was way out of warranty. He told me "Ill call you back". That phone call never came. I emailed and left messages with M Bukowski, M. Wirt, and R. Houser that all went unanswered. After 9 days M Bukowski finally picked up the phone when I called. Much to my dismay He told me I would have to take my unit somewhere else because they are no longer working on any units that are not warranty related because they are just too busy with warranty work at this time..............Really? It took them 9 days to tell me this!

All that said I did get my unit fixed by another shop, and I was happy with what they did. I cant for the life of me figure out why a FR worker would ever tell a customer they are too busy with warranty work, that just tells me they are turning out too many units with too many problems.

I am sorry for anyone that has to go through this believe me, but there are many on this forum that think FR is perfect and will fix everything as that has been there experience, BUT that has not been my experience at all. Again we really like our unit and it was going to be our last, but since I found out how lacking FR is with out of warranty service, we are currently shopping Newmar.

I can't imagine what that was all about but I have had mine worked on just this past Sept at FR. I haven't heard of any new policy that FR will not work in Moho's out of warranty. Anyone else heard that?

Old 11-13-2015, 03:38 AM   #36

Quote:
I can't imagine what that was all about but I have had mine worked on just this past Sept at FR. I haven't heard of any new policy that FR will not work in Moho's out of warranty. Anyone else heard that?
I was told that they were way behind and short on man power. Even after being told he set an appointment to call me back three days later, it still took an email to get that call. If it takes four people to handle the warranty work of one line, maybe better QA would be a wiser investment.

I was singing the praises of FR, loved my sunseeker. But this experience has turned my stomach sour. All the missed trips, events and memories lost out on is sickening.
poorbuthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 05:58 AM   #37

Phil57

I do not know why I received that response, especially since it was my first time calling FR directly, but it is what it is. My wife and I have been camping since the 90's in one MH or another. This is our 3rd (first DP). When we first started I fixed everything that needed to be addressed, but now that I'm older I don't want to do it anymore, and we can now actually afford to pay to someone else to do it If I was demanding things be fixed on a 3 - 4 year old coach under warranty I could understand, but that was not the case.

On another note Risco RV in Farmingdale NJ took care of my unit and did an excellent job.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:13 AM   #38

Quote:
I just got back from Elkhart and I had a great experience. I'm out of warranty also...

OP:From your posts it sounds like you are more than irritated and I wish your experience would have been better. I'm not sure about your 5 year journey to get the steps replaced, but as you well know, emails and documentation are the key. I would email the manufacturer and document as much as possible. If that response is not adequate then ask that a supervisor/manager get involved. If that doesn't provide resolution, forward those emails to Randy or Mitch and ask them for some help. Maybe this will get you some relief.

Also, is there a specific service center that has worked on the steps during this whole process? They might be able to provide some documentation that will help also.

Good luck with the new roof! The last time my brothers and I did my parents house we all swore we would never do that again!
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 09:46 AM   #39

Maybe I'm weird but rather than be mad and upset for five years, I would have just bought new steps. But I am known to be weird.
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:42 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyhillfarm View Post
Maybe I'm weird but rather than be mad and upset for five years, I would have just bought new steps. But I am known to be weird.

What's weird is that you probably don't realize you are insulting the OP with your comment. If you do realize that you did then that's beyond weird.