Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #61

Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk10eye View Post
I have a 2012 Berkshire 36-FWS. The window next to the drivers seat rattles. When I reach about 40 mph and above, the window rattles at the point where they meet in the middle and where the window lock is located. As a temporary fix, I have cut a piece of weather stripping the length of that overlap joint, and wedged it between the two windows. It has corrected the problem, but everytime I need to open the window, the weather stripping comes out. Does anyone know of a permanent fix to this problem? Have others had the same issue? Thanks for any feedback.
Our Georgetown xl does that both windows to where it vibrates open, it's in the shop now, hopefully it gets fixed, it's only about 3 wks old!
Lori
Lorigirl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #62

Yes, they had to remove the cabinets, shades and part of the dash. I am sure they installed a few more rattles at the same time
1 Cockatiel-Lucky
dogsgocamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #63

I scratched my head for quite awhile with this myself. One day the light bulb clicked. Pour the sanitizer into the hose before connecting to the RV, then connect the hose & turn on the tap and let the water flush the sanitizer into the water tank. So simple I couldn"t believe it took me so long to figure it out. LOL

George & Diana
GHodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #64

Sorry about the last post, it was to be under another topic.

Here is a pictire of the replacement window installed in our 2011 Berkshire 390RB60. I personally like it better than the vertical split like the original and this one is quiet.

The only troubling part was the dealer was aware of the noise problem with the window before I picked the unit up, said nothing until I returned a week later and complained about the rattle. He acknowledged they were aware of the problem and they ordered the replacement window and installed it in a couple of weeks later.

The dealer could have been more proactive and this problem would never have escalated to the level it has, however that is past just get this fix and everything will be ok.

Good Luck

George & Diana
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rocky View No. 44-20130406-00019.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	29160  
GHodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #65

The replacement window looks a lot like the one in my 2013 390RB. And mine just started making that popping noise. I sprayed silicon lube all over the seals and down the tracks. Seems to have solved it but it's not been driven yet. Any other 2013 owners out there that have this issue?

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
toad - 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
edgewant is offline   Reply With Quote